PlayStation I Would Like A New Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by PanterPander, Jan 29, 2020.

?
  1. NS SLT and NS Flirt3

50.0%
  2. NS DDZ and Keolis Coradia LINT

50.0%
  1. PanterPander

PanterPander New Member

Hello everyone, as I know the routes can't be very long I found out a nice possible route. As we only have like, a UK, USA, Germany routes I think its also nice to go over to add more Europe routes. I thought of adding a Netherlands route, the NS. ( If u may do it from the NS themselves.) Like this route: Utrecht Centraal -> Amsterdam Centraal with these stops:

Utrecht Centraal
    • Utrecht Zuilen
    • Maarssen
    • Breukelen
    • Abcoude
    • Amsterdam Holendrecht
    • Amsterdam Bijlmer ArenA
    • Duivendrecht
    • Amsterdam Amstel
    • Amsterdam Muiderpoort
    • Amsterdam Centraal
    Driven by the following trains: NS SLT and NS flirt3

2. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

I would no bother with requesting Dutch Content as it has been for years for other people.
    DTG will most likely stay with the current country list.

DTG should focus on the editor then people who are now building the free routes for Train Simulator on PC can make their way slowly into TSW.
    But unless DTG finds a way or sideloading or workshop functionality, the console will not offer this.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PanterPander

PanterPander New Member

Maybe yes, but the reason i want more other country's is, if TSW sticks with these countries it will get boring. As we can only drive that specific region. For example: Rn there are 4 german routes. Nice and these, but u will get bored after few weeks playing these tho.

4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I think the main reason is that they understand the way the railways work in those territories, and have the track and signal assets to re-use across new routes. Making a route in a new country with different systems (safety systems, signals, procedures, train voltages potentially) would mean more work and more hurdles to overcome. Hopefully the third parties currently building DLC will have experience of other countries and be freer to branch out a bit more.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

Indeed, it is a complete new system not made by DTG yet. It could be on their radar, but so is everything I think.
    As you need the different safety systems in use, the signaling types (less complex then german signals), scenery assets and yes, 1.5kV DC overhead lines as well of regional diesel routes.

If you would like to drive Dutch routes, trains on the short term PanterPander then invest in ChrisTrains and there are plenty of 'freeware' Dutch routes available for you to enjoy (mind that quotes because of a few routes needed from steam).