What About France Though ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jojo78310, Dec 29, 2019.

1. jojo78310

jojo78310 New Member

Hello,

This might be a little bit redundant, but I'm asking because I haven't found any clear answer from the developers.

Is there any way we get a french line, like the RER lines, the "Transilien" lines or the grand "TGV" or "TER" lines in this simulator ?

Or is this impossible due to the french railway enterprise (SNCF) ? I've heard they would refuse to give plans or to let developers build french lines in their game...
    I'm not sure about that anymore, because it's been years since one french train driver told me about that. It was when we had a lot of terrorist attacks attempts in our country. They'd say "What if a terrorist learn basics to drive a train, and use his knowledge in malicious way ?"

Thank you.

• Like Like x 5
  2. DigitalRails

DigitalRails Member

Even in India the Government is not going to give permission because of terrorists and anti social elements.
    Once anyone learn the basics of driving a train, he can easily hijack the locomotive.
    If you are interested in some lines, all I can suggest is that start yourself.

3. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

For the RER there’s two line managed by two companies at the same time the RER A and RER B by the RATP and SNCF on their part. For the other it’s the SNCF ( for now ) and they’re know to be difficult to give permission not because of terrorism but they’re a pain in the a**. One small team of developers had the chance to reproduce and sell French trains for Trainz ( not lines )

• Like Like x 2
  4. Testersierra

Testersierra Member

I don't think terrorism threat is an obstacle in this case, because even if the simulator is very realistic, driving a train irl is much more difficult, you have to learn the whole signalling system, and what to do with all those tumblers, switches, etc...
    And even a terrorist has learned all of this and hijacked a train, the personal of the railway company still can alert control center by radio and all the lights would be turned to red (the safety systems would stop the train) or change switches to direct the train on a garage track or similar...

No, definitely, that's not really a reason, because even an official driver could become a terrorist, so...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  5. jojo78310

jojo78310 New Member

Tell that to the french railway company, not to me.
    That's THEIR words, not mine, nor my friends' words.
    They ordered my train driver friend to delete all of his very detailed cab rides video, because they were POV train driving videos with commentaries, giving a lot of detail on how to drive the particular train, on how to drive on the concerned line (Line H + RER D) and much more.

His videos are now private and are legit used by future train drivers as a complement of their "line studies". That's how great his videos were.

There is plenty of test and interviews with psychologists before you become a train driver, and you still get them every years in France, even if you're already a train driver. There isn't zero risk of having a 'crazy' person in their team, but they try their best to limit it.

Today, I feel like the railway company is more flexible about the cab ride videos, but I'm not sure.
    I still have the messages on YouTube and the concerned videos on my PC.

It won't be the first time something like that happens, it already happenned to a famous 4K youtuber train driver in Netherlands. This one can still post cab rides videos, but not POV. He's not allowed to show some stuff as well, like the radio conversation he used to let us hear.

6. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

But does India and places have as good safety systems as other places? The US, a leader in many things, is just getting ptc and other things set up. Not to offend any one, just wondering.

7. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

I'd like France. TGV and etc are nice.