PlayStation East Coastway And A Class 33

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by rpb1966, Dec 29, 2019.

1. rpb1966

rpb1966 Well-Known Member

Considering that class 33's were used a lot on the southern region, I am very surprised that DTG have not added this, so if you have bought the download of the class 33, you could use it as part of the rail tour.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

If you have TSW on PC there is a mod which allows you to run the Class 33 on ECW. Not much use if you're on console though.

You could make the same argument for the Western with GWE. Western Champion has been used on railtours from London Paddington, so why not include railtour services for GWE? Why not include all the various liveries (Blue, Maroon, Goldern Ocre, Desert Sand, Green, etc) the Westerns wore to add variety on WSR?

It seems to me that DTG have little interest in doing simple things which add a lot of interest and variety to their DLCs. Why? I have no idea.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I agree, I really like the 33 and 52 yet they are restricted to 25mph on WSR, would be nice if they could be added to a Railtour so we could really open the throttle on them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. J4mes

J4mes Member

Wasn't the reason explained by Matt a little a while ago regarding both Class 52 and 33, something to do with Brakes and not being able to make them work properly. I am sure there was a reason given when they launched the Livestream of ECW before releasing to us.

• Like Like x 1
  5. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

Yes, the reason was explained. It isn't a lack of interest as some have claimed and actually down to an incomparability between the Vac brake locos in WSR and the Coaching stock in EC.

Some great information comes out of livestreams, which is a shame, because it means many miss out on some interesting insights. It also helps understand what they are trying to achieve and the difficulties in doing so.

I believe it was said that they are working on it, but didn't want to delay the release without a fix worked out, because it would have been an indefinite delay.

6. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

But the class 33 and 52 are Air and Vacum Braked IRL.
    So does this mean the DTG only made them Vacum Braked then? (will check later lol).

Yes I have to agree some great tid bits of information is gleamed from the livestreams. Yet there's alot of people that don't bother to watch them. Unfortunately for me I tend to be on the way home from work when they are on, so I now tend to watch them after they are live.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Agree they are dual braked

• Like Like x 1
  8. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that the issue was to do with one using a newer version of the simulation model than the other, rather than the type of brakes it was simulating.

• Like Like x 1
  9. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

They work perfectly fine together, end of.

10. underwaterdick

I was simply passing on what was said.
    I have no idea of the technical programming side of a simulator.

But I remember the issues with the class 08 in WSR, where unless you switched the brake setting, your shunter wasn't going to go about about 4mph.
    I know the 08 wasn't meant to appear in WSR, so maybe there is something unique about they way they programmed the DLC and it's add ons.

Despite me telling many people struggling to complete journeys with the 08 that this switch existed, lots seemed to claim it didn't and that the game was "broken" and "unplayable".
    Was it? Or was it their inability to follow the instructions that several of us were giving out?

• Like Like x 1
  11. underwaterdick

End of?

So you have your WSR locos working on East Coast?
    I'm sure DTG would love to know how. As would the rest of us.

12. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

They need to model the brake mode switches.
    When you start a class 40 van service you have to change the brakes from air to vac otherwise the brakes on the vans won't release.

13. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Why don't they avoid the issue by using the Mark 1s instead of Mark 2s?

14. DominusEdwardius

For several reasons it would lead to entirely the opposite problem except much worse!

15. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

Could you explain?

16. DominusEdwardius

For starters the Class 66 is air only.... so you'd be dragging the 66 with its brakes jammed hard on everywhere. Assuming you didn't use a 66 and use a BR dual braked loco, you aren't free from that point either. BR locomotives had the vacuum brake slaved to the air brake, which means either the air brake has to be released (which you can't from the lead loco as the coaches are vac only) or the vacuum/air relay valve must be isolated, if this is not done the rear locomotive will be constantly fighting you from releasing the brake as it constantly applies the brake.

Each locomotive is different in game and involves a different and complex process in how you go about this, but involves the player having to walk back to the rear locomotive alter various controls on the locomotive and know how they all work since there is no automatic way of doing this. Suffice it to say it is not a simple process and differs between all of them. As such the Mk2s and their air brakes have to be used to prevent one big headache for anybody running the service.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  17. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Could you point me in the direction of the air vacuum switch on the 33 DominusEdwardius ?
    I realise for some that just want to quick drive, the air vac issue may put them off, I enjoy the learning aspect though.
    In another note,for any modders out there. If youre only interested in driving the railtour to Eastbourne and dont need to stick around to see it leave. You can get away with uncoupling the 66 at Lewes, and running without it. I did it with the 31 recently.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  18. DominusEdwardius

Its in one of the cabs on the back wall.

19. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Thanks, thought so, couldnt see it on 1st inspection.