Route Proposal: Southern Pacific's Lordsburg District ( Tucson To Lordsburg)

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Blacknred81, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Credit to Pentrex for giving me this idea after i watched their "The Stormy" DVD, but I think SP's Lordsburg District could be a good route for Train Simulator

The route would be set on the Western portion of the Lordsburg District on the Sunset route,between SP's Yard in Tucson Arizona, and Lordsburg New Mexico, which would cover roughly 160 miles of mainline tracks. The route interchanges with 2 railroads along the line, the San Pedro Southwestern and the Arizona Eastern Railway (Both operate on former SP Branch lines). Amtrak's Sunset Limited also runs this route, and has stops in Tuscon, Benson, and Lordsburg. The route also had both Santa Fe and Union Pacific trains running on it as well, as ATSF trains ran from Deming, NM (East of Lordsburg) to the Cochise Powerplant between Dragoon & Willcox. Union Pacific carried auto parts for Ford's Hermosillo plant in Mexico.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I believe the route should be set at some point before 1995. As Southern Pacific was double tracking this route at the time, and removing the old semaphore signals that dotted the route, so setting it before this would allow us to have some working Semaphores on the route.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rolling Stock
    The the route would most likely feature some locomotives that we already have for Donner Pass, a few other locomotives could also be used for this route. And they can come in Southern Pacific and Cotton Belt Paint as well
    -MP15AC (SP)
    [​IMG]
    -GP40-2 (SP/SSW)
    [​IMG]
    -GP60 (SP/SSW)
    [​IMG]
    -B23-7 (SP only)
    [​IMG]
    -B30-7 (SP/SSW)
    [​IMG]
    -B36-7 (SP/SSW)
    [​IMG]
    -B40-8 (SSW only)
    [​IMG]

As with my other SP route proposals, this one can also be backdated to the Steam or Transition Era as well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Would like to see something like this either in TS or in TSW

• Like Like x 1
  3. ATSF 801

ATSF 801 New Member

this would be awesome i believe the Donners pass locos would work but cleaned up and little more bright also a GP60 wouldnt hurt or maybe AC4400. those my ideas but id love this route.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

I'd like a remade SD45 in SP colors.

• Like Like x 1