Every Content On Every Route–why Not?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Swisstrains, Feb 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Swisstrains

Swisstrains Well-Known Member

So, First of all:
    I might be wrong with some things in here, so when there is something, just tell me; thank you!

Well, I haven’t played TSW for a few weeks until today.
    Personally, I like the German routes, from the ones we have at the moment, best.
    Especially the MSB (Main Spessart Bahn) is a well done route and my favourite one so far.
    Now I wanted to take a container train on this route with the Br185.5.
    And then I found out, that this locomotive is not available on this route!
    Furthermore, other things I really like are not available on some routes:
    – The Falns coal waggons
    –The container waggons
    And as I said:
    – The Br185.5
    And now I would like to know why?
    The railways are living from variations in colour and locomotives, waggons and trains!
    So why are these things not available on some routes, although they are already in the game (and were/are driving on these routes in real life btw.)?
    So please DTG, when you read this: I really love your content, so cool things, but when you bring in Waggons and locomotives, let us be able to drive them, on which route we want (in the country it came from, so no German trains in America or Britain :D )

But now, thank you for reading this article, I would appreciate it, when we could make this thread very big with many answers.
    Cheers!

• Like Like x 4
  2. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

For most freight trains, I agree with you. But for passenger trains, it's a different story. Take RSN for example. apart from all sorts of freight trains, only the BR 143 + Doppelstockwagen's drive there in real life. I don't want to see BR 1442 or BR 422 or BR 146.2 driving there in TSW just because it isn't realistic. But anyway, regarding the freight trains it would be awesome to have the BR 185.5 driving on the other routes as well.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Swisstrains

yeah, you’re totally right!
    I thought about that with the passenger trains, but I didn’t write it...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Swisstrains

Oh, and I have seen something:
    The Shimmns from RSN are also not available on other routes.
    Why?
    DTG please let me know, I‘m standing in the dark and have got no idea why the things I already bought are not available on every route, although they were there in reality?

• Like Like x 3
  5. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Would it be okay if you had:

1. The option to do this, whether it was realistic or not

AND/OR

2. The option to not do this, because it is unrealistic

And you'd be free to take option 2, as much as you like. And others can choose the unauthentic option 1, if they want?

• Like Like x 6
  6. Swisstrains

Yeah, but first of all it would be nice if they would take the things that are realistic.
    I think the interesting thing about TSW is that it’s a very realistic Trains Simulator

• Like Like x 1
  7. ItsYa165

ItsYa165 Well-Known Member

It's up to DTG whether or not they develop new locomotives and liveries. You'd have to make a suggesting in the loco proposals for the BR 185.5s. In edition, the TSW Editor is in development for you to create your own content.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

Exactly. For the realistic players (like me) here who want to only have the loco´s and rolling stock on the routes they belong, it could stay like this. For the ones who might want to experiment with different trains on different routes, the Editor would come in handy. But I don't want to see DTG making every train on every route for the sake of realism.

• Like Like x 1
  9. lDanny Holand

lDanny Holand Active Member

Many reasons, german trains and UK trains operate on different gauge of track and 3rd rail trains need a third rail to get power aswell as trains with pantographs need overhead lines

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Both TS and TSW use the one gauge (to make it simpler) which means you can do things you wouldn't normally be able to in real life. Whether you should mix and match is part of the question as most purists are against mixing trains with routes that aren't used in real life.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Hmm, this would be interesting since I would be finally able to substitute locos for other ones (very realistic here in America since railroads often trade locomotives as ‘foreign power’), such as a CN GP9RM for a CSX GP38, but if DTG wants extra realism, like other mentioned in this thread, might wanna conduct a little more research to find out exactly if a train would run on a specific route, not necessarily based entirely off what country that train operates in, because I don’t think a lot of people would want to see a Caltrain f40 or mp36 operating in NEC.

• Like Like x 1