New Canadian Route(freight Only?)maybe Just Wait B4 You Panic.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHINO BAZ, Feb 6, 2020.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The announcement of the new Canadian route(which get a green box)currently only showing freight but before you panic and think that all there is,remember when DT releases info on new routes they stagger content info by releasing content details in multiple news stories,so maybe if passenger trains are also part of this addon we will know soon enough,beside there still 2 weeks till release plenty of time for additional other content in this dlc to be made know.Note there is something that hints at this one of the pictuered stations has a passenger platform suggesting possible passenger use,so this could hint at possible passenger trains as well.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Passenger will likely be a later paid add on

• Like Like x 4
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

At this point in time this being released as a freight only route besides that the route is too short for passenger service as far as I concerned. As Tin Tin_57 says if there is to be passenger service it would likely something that is released as a add-on sometime down the road.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

I'm just glad we have a Canadian route! Instant buy for me! When I first heard the news of a Canadian route on an Xbox TSW community club, I got chills.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

It's way too short to add GO Transit passenger service, for that, they would have to extend it past Oakville into Toronto, and since the Government of Ontario owns that stretch, you'd definitely be looking at night activities (they don't want any freight traffic at all messing up their commuter trains, CN is banished from doing any service in the daytime, from Oakville to Toronto). What's depicted in the photos is correct.

Source: I live 30 minutes away. I've been along this route multiple times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

They would have to extend it to Toronto, and make it mostly passenger service.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Newbury

Yes you are correct this would require a extension to the route for which I do not see happening, but I can be happy with freight services on it's own.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

I'm content. It's a start for Train Sim World to branch into the scary world that is Canadian railroading, but it is one route I would get without hesitation, since it's in my own backyard literally.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Michael Newbury

I myself hoping that is the start of more Canadian content to come in the near future.