I'm Kathis

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by Kathis, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Kathis

Kathis New Member

Hello I am kathis, I am new to this particular game.
    Had it on my wishlist for a long time, got it when Humble bundle was offering it.

Few things I am not certain I understand.
    • If I buy a DLC train / route, and the game updates to 2021, do I need to rebuy the dlc? or is that mine now and it will work with future versions?
    • Does this game have Light rail trains? Or are they all trains that deal with heavy rails? (I ask because I couldn't find the SD-100 or SD-160 series
    • Does the game have multiple routes that would in real life connect, and if so could you in theory connect them in a quick drive mode?
      (example if they release more Canadian pacific line, could I in theory connect them to drive the entire route?)
    Anyway I heard the community is nice, so I look forward to meeting you, in the meantime I need to learn how to drive these trains @.@, the academy was easy enough to wrap my head around, but when it came time for the campaign stuff, it was a different model of train, and I have very little understanding on how it worked, but that's probably on me, since I just learned about the manuals.

2. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Hello, welcome to the TS community.
    In regards to those 3 questions, you asked.
    1. No, you will not need to rebuy the DLC at all. It stays with you forever.
    2. There are a few light rail trains. They are all set in Germany and Switzerland though.
    3. Yes, in fact, these procedures are done by someone named Danny in the Steam workshop. For example, his most recent creation is putting the new Montana Hi-line with the older Marias pass into one big super-route.
    Driving the trains in TS is pretty simple, you'll get the hang of it pretty soon. :)

3. Kathis

Kathis New Member

So far I am getting hammered with Timeliness penalties >_> the passengers take forever to get on and off the train...

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The time the passengers are allowed is set in the Scenario Timings
    If you are playing a Career Scenario you cannot change them as the game thinks you are trying to cheat.

Try doing some Quick Drives to get used to a route.
    From the Menu pick Drive then Quick Drive.
    In the Quick Drive first pick the train - clicking on the one in the box gives you a list to chose from
    Then pick the route, then where the run starts and finishes and the time/weather for the start location

When the scenario starts you will be able to drive to your destination with usually a clear run.
    If you wish to practice stopping at a station en route you just pick any.
    Once you open the doors it is normally 35 seconds to automatically closing.

Quick Drives are an easy way to get used to a route.

Peter