Ts20: Big Apple Classics!

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Feb 6, 2020.

1. TrainSim-James

TrainSim-James Staff Member

[​IMG]

Written by: Gary Dolzall.

Now available, Metro-North’s M2 and M4 EMUs are classic – and perfect – additions for Train Simulator’s New York – New Haven route!

READ MORE

• Like Like x 1
  2. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

About time! So why is it that when some generic route or train that nobody cares about is released, it's always a few days after it's announced here, yet this takes a month to come out after the announcement with NO COMMUNICATION as to why it was being delayed? Next time, please either stay in communication with the player base or just don't announce a product until it's ready to be released, because all the frustration you put people here through was really unnecessary.

3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

With only 4 scenarios for this DLC I think I will wait for this to go sale

4. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Now could we have the equipment the M2s replaced? NYNHnH 1100-Series Washboards.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Ooh Washboards! As cool as that would be, I think the higher demand on here now would be M3s (I guess either in TS for the Hudson Line or in TSW for the LIRR) or a Metroliner cab car for TS, especially if Reppo makes it. I just hope that whatever comes out, that DTG keeps us updated through the process so that people aren't here forming an angry speculation mob, or that they don't even announce it at all until it's good and ready to be released.

6. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

YES GIVE US WASHBOARDS

Also ACMUs, that would be fun for the Hudson Line.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Random Railfan

It's amazing! It's well worth it, even when it isn't on sale, and if you have the M8 and some workshop scenarios for it you can simply switch out the M8s for M2s or M4s!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

With the money I had left in my steam account I used for the new TSW route, and I still need to get enough to pay for the baby bullet when it comes out.

9. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

I have to say, this loco is the truth. Even without mods, this is a very exceptional piece of content. So happy its finally here. Everything is just pretty darn awesome.

I had a bit of trouble getting this thing to start initially, but once you get it, it's a joy to operate. Wish there were an M6 variant of sorts, though the differences are small, it would have been nice to include it. But it should surely be remedied with some texture and audio adjustments.

I do hope this will follow up with an M3/A for a possible Harlem line extension/LIRR Route, and use for the Hudson.

• Like Like x 2
  10. railstormers

railstormers New Member

Didn’t take long getting used to the startup procedure, it’s a very nice DLC and worth the $20. Only thing missing is an M6 which will probably come soon in the form of a mod. Now let’s see the M1/M3s!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Random Railfan

I may sound hopeful but maybe someone will make some modelling changes to create an M1/M3. The M6 shouldn't be hard, just some different sounds and livery modifications.

12. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

I bought the locomotive it looks nice but hopefully they’ll add it to the Hudson Line.

13. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

Well... I didn´t think I would buy anything new for TS2020 as I'm stuck into TSW, but I just couldn't resist. Wonderful EMU, all details and sounds are amazing, just finished my first scenario. Forgot to switch to overhead supply and wondered why the train stopped, but got to the station on time anyway. Well spent money I think, hopefully we will also get M3 for LIRR in TSW in near future.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

we’re going to get the M3 Locomotive for TSW is there any information?

15. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

No, and I doubt it as well for a while :\ But they may suprise us...

16. ronlasker

ronlasker New Member

What is the trick in starting? also what does "set the consist" mean?
    Thanks

17. Cyklisten

Cyklisten Well-Known Member

There is no "trick", just set up the train for overhead supply or third rail supply (I think it's the default setting). Remember to hold the button for 5 seconds while raising the pantograph.

18. ronlasker

ronlasker New Member

Thank you sir.

19. ronlasker

ronlasker New Member

Can you tell me what the sequence is for starting? Still having difficulty getting the M2/4 to move. Thanks.

20. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

For A Third Rail Line
    1. Click on the Master Key to put it in place. This will unlock the Master Lever.
    2. The Master Lever is in Emergency position by default, move it to Max position, this unlocks the Reverser.
    3. Move the Reverser to forward or reverse position.
    4. Move the Master Lever to Coast and allow the brake pressure to drop.
    5. Now add power by moving the Master Lever to Position 4 to initially gain speed, decrease to 3, 2, and 1 when needed.

For An Overhead Line
    1. Click on the Mater Key to put it in place. This will unlock the Master Lever.
    2. The Master lever is in Emergency position by default, move it to the Max position, this unlocks the reverser.
    3. Change the power from DC to AC by moving the Power Mode Selector to AC Pan-Up, this is the center option.
    4. Wait for the Mode AC Indicator light to turn on, this is the center red light above the Power Mode Selector
    5. Push and hold the Pan-Up Switch for 5 seconds until the Mode AC with Panto down Indicator turns off, this is the red light furthest on the right of the three red lights above the Power Mode Selector.
    6. Verify that the power has changed to AC by observing the AC Power Available Indicator is on, this is the green light in the middle of the fight lights below the speed indicator.
    7. Move the reverser into the forward position.
    8. Move the Master Lever into Coast and wait for the brake pressure to release
    9. Now apply power using the Master Lever.

Changing from AC to DC
    1. Place the Master Lever in the coast position.
    2. Move the Power Mode Selector to the DC position.
    3. Verify the change of the power supply by observing that the DC Power Available Indicator is green.