Manual For Class 33

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by synthetic.angel, Aug 27, 2019.

1. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

No manual exists for the Class 33 DLC for TSW2018 or TSW2020. There is no Class 33 manual available in the game, or online at the DTG website, or on Steam, for this TSW DLC.

To be fair - the Class 33 is easy to drive, and shares basic features with the Class 47. But it is probably the best locomotive designed for the game, with the most fun features - DTG should make it one of their showcase locomotives, and provide a manual for it. It's in the 2013 Rail Simulator manual...!

Congratulations should be given to everyone that worked on the Class 33, including the visuals, the lighting, the audio, the animation, and the physics. It was actually worth buying as DLC, even though it should obviously have been a standard part of WSR, as it was in 2013.

But can we please have a manual?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bkulesza

Bkulesza Member

Ended up here in my search for Class 33 manual..
    Does anyone know if/how you can vary the wiper speed? They go full bore while it's barely drizzling.

3. synthetic.angel

Like many of the best things in life, it's all or nothing with the wiper on the 33 - which is a flighty little so and so...! I hadn't noticed this wiper issue before, and I'd agree that it does seem odd. You might be able to do a double-tap on the wiper button - so you start the wiper and stop it immediately, to get it do a quick sweep back and forth, and then park.

If you are still unhappy about the state of affairs with respect to wiping, you could console yourself by playing around with the headcode display. I really like the orange bars, but at night, even the white bars are a delight:

33 at Night.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I am dying to give the 33 a blast on GWR or similar. I know PC can with their mods but alas, PS4 can't at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  5. synthetic.angel

Yep - this is another thing that needs to be fixed for console users.

There is a point of view that shifting rolling stock about between routes isn't completely authentic (and some people would actually complain about this....), but my personal view is that this doesn't matter - and anyway, you could be given a "warning" that you are about to use rolling stock that wasn't completely authentic, if absolute authenticity bothers people that much.

There is another point of view (slightly more reasonably) that not all locomotive rolling stock has been tested to work on all routes, and/or with all other rolling stock. But they could easily make sure this wasn't a problem if they applied some production standards.

Like you, I'd personally like to see the 33 available on every possible route - even the German ones....(SHOCK HORROR). But what's truly shocking is that the Class 52 isn't available for any path out of Paddington. It's a complete FUSH* up (....LOL....look at the picture below very carefully, under the SWINDON plate..... and then be thankful that they got the "SHUT OFF" valve label right, because the I and U are next to each other on the keyboard......).

Fushing 52.jpg

*This is a very rare typo on loco artwork in TSW, and in this case I hope that they don't update it, cos it's interesting to think that the iron-monger or label plate maker got the casting/plate wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  6. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

How do run on the wsr at night as there is no timetabled service to run it.... It looks like a lot of fun....

7. synthetic.angel

Run a very early or very late sevice from the timetable.... but during the winter..... when it's dark (or darker).

NB: I am sorry if this sounds like I am mocking you - I am absolutely not doing this, I am genuinely trying to be helpful - it isn't necessarily obvious to everyone that seasons on the UE engine (or in TSW) are modelled in this way.... Also, I don't know what happens if you are in the southern hemisphere.

EDITED TO ADD: The picture of the 33 above had a clock time of 18:36.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  8. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member