Career Scenarios Are Not Showing A Checkmark For Scenario Completion.

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by ColonelKlink, Feb 11, 2020.

1. ColonelKlink

ColonelKlink Member

This may be in the wrong forum, I'm sorry, I thought this was the most fitting for the issue I'm having.
    (Long post, please read fully and carefully, thank you.)

Greetings all,

I recently got back into messing around in TS2020, and decided to try out the career scenarios. I like them a lot, as they're nice relatively short objective-based runs using specific locomotives with relatively straight-forward instructions. I turned off career scoring as it seemed somewhat useless to me (and it made me more anxious instead of relaxed), and I changed controls layout to "simple" from "expert" as I just want to spend a bit of time each evening, ticking off one scenario at a time and just enjoying the game without focusing too much on trying to be competitive and super immersed in the game (which sounds bad, I apologize).

However, I have been noticing somewhat of an issue in the scenarios. I will fire them up, get the locomotive from Point A to Point B without derailing, crashing, speeding, or SPAD-ing (passing the signals on accident has happened occasionally), and then I'll get the final message of "Good job! Scenario complete." When I exit out of the career menu and go back into it to select the next scenario, the box next to the scenario I just finished and completed is left blank. I have replayed a few of these scenarios thinking that maybe I did one little thing wrong that didn't register it as completed, but so far to no avail.

I have supplied a screenshot to show what I am talking about. The first three scenarios at the top of this list (two with checkmarks, one with a star) were completed when I was using career scoring and expert driving controls. I turned them off after these scenarios as I didn't like the controls or scoring as I mentioned earlier. Since then, every other scenario I have completed on the Chatham and Medway Valley Line routes I was using the simple controls and no scoring, but they have also remained blank with not even a checkmark to show that I did exactly what was asked of me. Why is this so? How can I fix this? 20200211154602_1.jpg

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

The that show checks marks and not a medal did complete those with a score higher than 800pts. Anything lower and will just put a check mark there.

3. ColonelKlink

ColonelKlink Member

That doesn't answer my question. I know that scoring a certain number gives you a medal and what-not. I turned that off because it's meaningless to me. It's not even giving me a checkmark just for completing the scenario, regardless of a score.

4. Michael Newbury

I noticed you switched from expert to simple controls, are you able to try expert controls with scoring turned off. I believe the issue is with simple controls and that it will not give you a check mark even if you completed the scenario without any faults.

5. ColonelKlink

ColonelKlink Member

I just did a run with expert controls, and yeah, it told me I scored 0 but it gave me a check mark for completing it.

That is honestly one of the silliest things I've seen in a game like this. Allow someone to choose what layout of controls they're more comfortable with, but only allow one to be usable for completing objectives. That doesn't make any sense to me at all.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Newbury

I agree it does not make any sense you should be able to choose between simple or expert and still receive a check mark for completing the scenario.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Career Scenarios are set up for you to drive like an idiot between stations and you have to arrive on time to consider it complete.
    Stop in slightly the wrong place or slightly late then it considers that stop a fail.
    It will tell you that the Scenario is complete but it does not give you the 'tick' if you failed a stop.

So which is more important
    Running a Scenario because you wish to get a little tick to say you have done it?
    Or Running a Scenario for the enjoyment?

I very rarely play Career Scenarios because the point to point times are set at 100% and not easy to achieve

Peter

8. ColonelKlink

ColonelKlink Member

Regarding "which is more important", it's more of a mixture. I want a little tick to say I completed it, but also to enjoy the game.

9. rocky.28965

rocky.28965 Member

It would be encouraging to get one.

10. adems_9

adems_9 New Member

I also find it regrettable not to mark scenarios successfully completed.

11. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Checkmarks and points are bugged since the last major update. Do not expect them to be fixed soon. Turn off career scoring and enjoy the game. DTG is focusing on TSW for the moment.

12. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I can most definitely confirm this, not from personal experience, but from watching a stream. The situation in question went a step further and kept failing the same stop at one station on repeated attempts. He finally did an expert run, the task completed correctly, and he got his check.

If you are just having fun, play with basic controls. Some can't be done properly even with basic controls, though, so it's suggested you move to expert controls as soon as you are comfortable so you can start knocking out scenarios. I do find it silly, myself, but I guess they want career to be only counting the same type of play instead of giving a penalty for using simple controls.