PC Tsw Patch 1.32 Available (1.974gb)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by TinTin_57, Feb 12, 2020.

1. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Hi all PS4 players

heads up that the patch is just downloading for me now. Details in title. Thanks

2. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

3. phildenty

phildenty Member

cool glad that I kept my PS4 in standby mode....any ideas on what it includes in the way of fixes?

4. Seb94

Seb94 New Member

[QUOTE = "phildenty, post: 114728, membre: 11946"] cool content d'avoir gardé ma PS4 en mode veille .... des idées sur ce qu'elle inclut en termes de correctifs? [/ QUOTE]
    Aucune je cherche vous tiens au courant

5. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

Downloaded and played with the baby bullet. FANTASTIC LOCO. Can also confirm flange sounds have been added to ECW. Still haven't fixed the bug of add on tutorials ans scenarios being registered as complete on the stats page though. Infuriating. Finished the baby bullet and cab car training and still says 3/5 complete.. so annoying.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Counting is definitely not their strong suit! Is Mastery fixed?

7. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

How did you get the baby bullet? Mine's just updated and I can't see it in the store..

8. TinTin_57

I think he is NZ (sorry if I got that wrong) so is ahead of us. It's already the 13th there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Thunderer

Ahh.

10. Thunderer

I had a problem with Mastery Level 2 on LIRR for ages - the mileage on Long Island Long Haul was stuck.

I just did a short service and it's picked it up! Maybe some Masterys are being fixed, don't know about all of them obviously.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TinTin_57

Oh really? Right, maybe my level 1 Mastery will now work ;-)
    I read somewhere that Mastery failing could be due to what level you are in the game. No idea if that is true or not but I am nearly 300 now I think so it's possible. Anyway we can check the extensive list of patch notes that comes out and see (very tongue in cheek use of the word 'extensive') ;-)

12. Thunderer

Camera Motion Sway - it's on even when it says it's off after the update.

In order to turn it off you have to turn it on then off again.

13. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

Some challenges on GWE tracked for me too, also you can now check your mastery progress in game anytime under the Dovetail Live menu.:)

14. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

20200212_150052.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

1.974Gb! I do hope they haven't returned to installing routes and locos I haven't purchased. The last couple of "updates" have been quite large so it would seem that they maybe have. I buy something and then I download it - that's how it should work.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Factor41

Oh, brilliant, does that reset every time you restart too? Was annoying enough having to do it once every time I started a session!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thunderer

You're not going to like this, but I think it's on now for every new run!

Just confirmed this.

It's on every time you start a new run, even though it says it's Off in the settings, so you have to select/apply it to on then select/apply it to off. :(

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  18. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Still waiting for Doppelstockwagen driving on RRO

19. Factor41

FFS. Do they not bother to test anything? It was annoying having to do it once per session, now we have to do it twice per service? Are they just blindly rushing this crap out so they can get back to the pub?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  20. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I've found that cab sway now comes on when you select an external view. Even though it's off in the menu. I had to turn it on and off again to get rid of it. As soon as I selected an external camera, it came back on. Another thing that won't be fixed for ages.

• Like Like x 1
  21. ashleylumbers

ashleylumbers New Member

In terms of information on the patch notes for update 1.32 we won’t know any details till tomorrow at the latest sad to say. Dmitri just posted on Twitter.

22. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

So what's the point of this forum then?
    We just talk amongst ourselves or wait for someone on discord to tell us " Matt said this, Matt said that".
    Why bother with an official forum at all?

• Like Like x 10
  23. Factor41

Shambles.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Thunderer

How are your Masterys tracking?

25. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I can't help you there, I've never bothered with Mastery.

26. Factor41

No change for me:
    Just completed a service in the M7 which should have affected 2-3 of the Tier 1 items on the LIRR - nothing.
    Just levelled up on the HST for GWE Tier 2 - nothing.

Edit: Also just done a service in the 185.2 on MSB which wasn't tracking before - it's still not!

Looks like they're fine with complex physics simulations, but still entirely unable to count or make a working on/off switch. :|

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  27. Bkulesza

Bkulesza Member

I want Mastery to work so badly. I'm just a stats guy. I think it's true about higher levels not getting counted. I check almost every day, and I might get 1 or 2 services counted per week - if I'm lucky.
    I'm currently at level 409 & it seems like it's only getting worse.
    Not too keen on starting a new profile.

• Like Like x 3
  28. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

What platform are you playing? I'm on PS4 and I can confirm there's no fixes regarding audible flange/rail squeals on the 377.

29. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Same, Im in the Uk and no flange.

30. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Im on PS4 and after the updates I noticed somethings wrong.
    1. The call on signal doesn't light up when at red and have permission.
    Train Sim World_20200212233921.jpg 2. The destination boards don't work properly now
    Train Sim World_20200212232407.jpg Train Sim World_20200212232056.jpg Train Sim World_20200212232108.jpg 3. When spawned in after the train has arrived the destination boards are just blank
    Train Sim World_20200212232808.jpg 4. Not sure if bug but no audible flange on PS4

31. Deltic00

Deltic00 Active Member

I did a run yesterday before update and has this issue, it only started happening yesterday but I haven't updated the game which is weird..

• Like Like x 1
  32. Deltic00

Deltic00 Active Member

Looks like I won’t be downloading the new patch then, all I see is things that break the game, I’ve already had refunds off Sony for various packs they’ve added and later broken and ignored when countless people complain about the crashes and other bugs that weren’t there in initial release

• Like Like x 2
  33. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

After more testing on ps4 the ECW flange only seems to work on select services. I hate to say it, but I'm close to not supporting this sim anymore, every single update brings more bugs and fixes nothing. Such a shame. And after spending over 500NZD on it..

34. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

I've been reading a lot in this forum lately, but now I registered myself, because I think it's the only way DTG will take care of these issues if more and more people complain. I'm very disappointed, how DTG handles the mastery and trophy issues. I tried to use mastery yesterday after the patch and hoped they fixed something. The first service at MSB was counted and I was quite excited. I completed two more services, nothing happened. Also many trophies are bugged for me, so I unplug my ps4 every time before playing tsw. It's very frustrating, although I like this a game a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  35. synthetic.angel

Well, I can very happily report that after installing this update, the total volume occupied by TSW (on my PS4) went down, by a few hundred Mb (maybe about 200Mb...). And that is the update that would have (presumably) included the Baby Bullet if you bought it (I didn't).

But I agree with you in principle, as installing content without a key on customer machines is the digital version of fly-tipping, and is approaching a version of extortion. I don't know (for sure) if Dovetail do this, but I guess we'll find out if 5Gb of unpurchased OSD route suddenly downloads itself next week.... If Dovetail do this, than I would urge them to reconsider - because it really is something that would make a lot of customers go for the "Delete Everything" option, as I have done several times with Bethesda software, which can sometimes dump approaching 100Gb of junk (unaccessible paid for content that is not required for the core).....

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  36. synthetic.angel

I am glad that you took the time to sign up for an account and make you views known, and I strongly encourage anyone else that reads these forums to sign up and do the same thing - please do sign up to the Forum and give your feedback to DTG*.

^That includes positive feedback, as well as negative.... ;-)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Thunderer

Also, with regards to head sway, even if you turn it Off in the main menu it reverts to on once you start a run, so you have to turn it off then and not before.

38. synthetic.angel

I think this is a "feature" that stems from how poorly the UI "launcher" is linked to the "DLC" content, which I suspect is responsible for a host of other issues, including trophy tracking, etc. The core of the software is totally defective.

Quick Q though - and this might be a silly question.... Why do you want/prefer the cab body roll feature switched off...?

(NB: I refrain from saying "head sway", because it isn't actually the head that it is moving, and I am not even sure that there is any actual swaying, if you look closely enough...)

39. TinTin_57

Welcome

40. TinTin_57

On the 'head sway' feature I really didn't know if I would like it when it was first announced but now I am of the opinion that it adds a lot to the game for me.

41. Factor41

I quite like the little forward/backwards rock as you accelerate or brake, and it's fine on low speed routes like WSR but at speed on some routes, it's just bucking about all over the place and can be quite nauseating on a big monitor. Because it takes a while to switch (go into the menu, go into settings, wait for the options to appear, scroll down, turn it off, wait for it to confirm, then go back - back - back, out of the menu and return to the game) i'd rather just have it permanently off. Its never quite that simple with TSW though, is it?

• Like Like x 1
  42. Thunderer

Maybe it's just me but I find it distracting so always have it turned off.

Same as I usually have it turned off in any FPSs I have played.

• Like Like x 3
  43. synthetic.angel

I agree completely - anything that adds any kind of life, whether it is movement, sound, reflections of light, etc., adds to the immersion. It's a very big plus for me... (mostly - see below...)... to have the cab rolling about, and jumping about at relevant points...

Funnily enough (and I am not just being contrary for the sake of it....), the auto-zoom-in when you start is the annoying bit for me - completely overdone - it's like being on a jet taking off from an aircraft carrier... to me, anyway.

I generally like the rolling (although the scenery itself doesn't roll....), but it does force you to make sure that your cab is set-up before you go, because otherwise if you try to press buttons and adjust fuses when you are moving, it's like being on the bridge of the Enterprise while the Klingons are giving you a full of salvo.....

The tech bit....
    Re your other point (menus, etc.) - the more I look into this, the worse my opinion gets. What I am starting to realise is that the things that most people take for granted as standard on each route, as part of a core feature... absolutely aren't... they are all different, whether it is menu interaction, trophy coding, hardware compatibility... etc...

I am still trying to work out whether I want to get TSW and TS202x for the PC, and since I have become accustomed to the DS4, I wondered what the options are for controllers - and to my shock and horror controller compatibility depends on the route.... like, Oh My Facebooking Google...! How can that possibly be like that? Why would you design it like that....? Maybe steam engines need a few more keyboard buttons, but surely there is a core of functions that can be standardised....?

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/dedicated-sim-computer-specs.20508/

• Like Like x 1
  44. synthetic.angel

Fair enough. It's horses for courses, I guess. It's good that they thought about giving you an option to switch it on and off, but it's a shame that the option you choose in the UI pre-launch of the DLC isn't communicated to the DLC, and that the DLC default settings over-ride your choice...every single time. That's such a basic flaw in the menu system (as a whole), that it's really quite shocking.

I'm used to playing rally sims, and the camera shake on WRC8 and Dirt Rally 2.0 is quite intense..., but I think my tolerance of this sort of thing will ebb away as I get older....

• Like Like x 1
  45. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I thought I would hate the head sway feature (based purely on videos I'd seen of the feature on other train sims) but after playing with it for a few days I got used to it and now I love the feature. I think it's been implemented really well, apart from obviously the whole switching on automatically thing.

And this from a person who couldn't watch Downton Abbey because the smooth camera work for the posh people and shaky hand-held camera work for the working class was too much for his eyes and brain to handle.

I await the patch notes for this update to see what's been fixed and future forum posts for what else has been broken.

• Like Like x 1
  46. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The update patch listing is now up - No mention of fixing flange sounds for the 377 and no mention of any fixes for Mastery.

47. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

Do DTG pre-load routes with each patch (which some will never buy?) therefore taking valuable space up needlessly, if so that's disgusting.

48. synthetic.angel

I used to think that they did do this (with TSW), because a while back I saw a 7Gb update at the same time as a new route launch, which I did not purchase. But.... they could have just swapped out some very large files for my existing routes, in a patch at the same time.

With this latest update (as mentioned above), the file swap out for me has resulted in less data on my (PS4) HDD.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised about a company like DTG pre-loading unbought content, because there are reasons (very very bad reasons) to do it (that make things easier for them), including:

- being very lazy about how a product is structured (it can make version control easier)
    - reducing complaint/support tickets (because people that buy DLC products often unreasonably expect them to be instantly available...)

I have quite a low opinion of DTG on both of the issues above, but I think you'd need to have some evidence first. And that evidence (for me) will come next week, when OSD is released, presumably by itself, given that they've already done the last patch with the Bullet.

• Like Like x 1
  49. synthetic.angel

Here's a future forum post for you:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/no-profile-with-the-last-update.20538/

So - I have a £1000 that I'd be very happy to put on a horse of your choice. Do you have any tips for the 2.15pm at Aintree on Saturday?

• Like Like x 1
  50. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Put it all on "Mastery Works" - It's currently a 100-1 outsider but I've got a feeling...

• Like Like x 5