Launch Train Simulator 2020 In Steam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jpmackay, Feb 1, 2020.

1. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

I find that is a little too much for this game like I have to click Steam on desktop then launch Train Simulator 2020 then pick to click Play Train Simulator or Play Train Simulator 64-Bit Version in a little box. That's my question why do I have to do one - two - three step before Train Simulator 2020 is loading to start the simulation. I understand that some of the train simmers don't have 64-Bit version on their desktop or laptop. But I rather have just one step to click the simulator, Train Simulator 64-Bit Version on my desktop. Is that a possibility! I don't think so because we still have to go to Steam first. Let me know about this if I can.

Sorry for the complaint about this.

John

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You have asked this question before complaining that you have to start Steam before you can play the game.
    Like Everyone Else in the World that has purchased a Game thru Steam
    And people have told you there is no way around it

I used to have Trainz before this and at the time you downloaded directly from Auran.
    At one point my Hard drive failed and I had to start again
    For files where I had saved the installer I was ok but for others I had lost them. Money down the drain

Then I moved to TS2012 and I had to install Steam - now if I lose something I purchased I can reinstall it at any time.
    I can even remove routes and trains I'm not using and reinstall them at a later date if I wish.

With a Desktop Shortcut for both 32bit and 64bit versions it is one choice having started Steam.
    And if you shut the game down there is no need to close the steam client so if you return to the game later you are one click away from a start.

Peter

• Like Like x 2
  3. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Peter, I am sorry that I don't remember this very well that I did ask the same question before. Guess I better check to see my messages first before posting my new message.

Sorry about this and forgive me too.

Smile,

John

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You only need to have the steam bootstrapper loaded (which it usually does as part of the windows startup routine) to then load railworks or railwork64. So long as you have the steam icon loaded down by the clock you can then run the game either through the steam client (as you detailed in your post) or you can create a link direct to the program file on your desktop and run that

If you know where your railworks folder is, go there, find railworks64.exe, right click it and chose send to...desktop from the menus

If you don't know where it is you can go through the steam client, library, right click train simulator, then properties, local files and it'll tell you where your TSx is installed. and then do as above

This will put an icon on your desktop (which you can rename) direct to the program thus avoiding the need to go into one program to open another, but you still need that bootstrapper loaded of course

5. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Thank you to you, ARuscoe for your reply and I did create a shortcut of Railworks64 to desktop. And it works just for one day because the next day I clicked the icon on desktop and ask me to login in Steam. That's a pain with this. I would prefer to go around Steam and straight to start Railworks64 but won't let me.

So what is the solution for this?

Thank you,

John

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There is NO Solution
    You Cannot run the Game unless you are logged it to the Steam Client.
    It is as simple as that.

When you start your computer, and if you think you will run the game, then start the Steam Client then minimise and ignore it.
    Later as you start the game you will have a One Click on the TS2020 Icon and the game will start.
    No logging in as you started the Steam Client earlier

Peter

• Like Like x 2
  7. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

You could just have steam automatically log you in every time you turn on your PC.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Yes I have steam automatically login in every time I turn on my PC. How do I turn this off?

Thank you,

John

9. markandrei24

markandrei24 Active Member

To turn Steam's auto-login off upon PC startup, please see below:

Source: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5344-QWBN-3580

Hope this helps.

Mark

10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Why would you wish to turn this off?
    You are complaining you have to start Steam before you can run the game - if it started Automatically you would only have to start TS2020

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  11. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Mark, Yes I did but still the same with three clicks to launch the program of Train Simulator 2020. I did try to click on taskbar or desktop without Steam to login but ask me to login in to Steam first.

Thank you,

John

12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I give up :mad::(
    You have been told you cannot run the game without logging in to Steam first.
    You had your system set up so the Steam Client/Bootstrapper started with the Computer
    BUT You don't want it to start with the Computer and then You Complain that you have to start it to run the game.

Which part of "You Cannot run the Game unless you are logged it to the Steam Client. " do you not understand?
    There is NO OTHER WAY

I know you will ignore this reply as you have ignored my previous replies.
    Maybe you should contact DTG :D

13. jpmackay

jpmackay Active Member

Hello Peter,

First of all want to say thank you for your replies and now I will STOP WHINING or COMPLAINING about this. Guess that the best thing is to keep myself and not to share with others to whine or complaining about this.

Have a good evening!

John :cool:

14. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You might have disabled the bootstrapper in your startup routine...
    From the desktop right click the start bar (the bit where programs pop up at the bottom) and select TASK MANAGER from the menu
    Bottom left of this, it will either say MORE or FEWER DETAILS, if MORE click this
    At the top will be a load of TABS, click START-UP
    Find the steam bootstrapper and make sure in the STATUS column it says ENABLED
    Reboot
    This should now start and your program will be able to boot from the desktop link without steam issues

If any of the above is already in place then come back and we'll go from there

thanks

15. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

You may need to right-click on your desktop shortcut and choose "run as administrator" or change the properties to always start as an administrator. May work.
    pH

16. alexwest1818

alexwest1818 New Member

Is there a difference between your version and the one available on Steam?