More Broken Achievements- Baby Bullet

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Jannerdunk, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Why is it the DTG always seem to make a complete mess of the steam achievements, when other software companies and games seem to have no issues?

Just played through the baby Bullet Tutorials and was not awarded the "bringing the baby back" achievement, but wait for it....

I was awarded the "baby Steps" achievement for driving 360 miles. I've only played this DLC for 20 minutes

I tried the training again on a new profile and still no joy with the tutorial achievement

• Like Like x 2
  2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

It's baffling isn't it? I downloaded The Crew 2 in a recent PSN sale and played through it collecting the trophies. Every single one of the 35 – including racking up a certain driven distance, completing certain events, doing specific stunts, completing specific network interactions with other players, getting over a specific amount of points within a single stunt, reaching certain in-game milestones – EVERY SINGLE ONE was awarded immediately when the task had been completed. No glitched trophies, no "turn of your network, make a new profile, disconnect, reconnect..."

I get that it's a AAA product from a bigger developer, but the mechanics of "when x >= y trigger the trophy" aren't rocket science and certainly shouldn't be the most complex part of the software. The members of the team who develop the complex physics models, railway systems and graphic elements of TSW are being sorely let down by those who bodge together the UI and basic front-end functionality, and they should be cross about it. (If they're the same people, they really need to get in a specific UX bod and stick to what they're good at).

3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Sorry to get off the main point here but The Crew 2, I did platinum that quickly and really enjoyed it to be honest. I even got to fly a Spitfire...what more could I want????

But yes, over in the PS4 section you'll see a lot of issues with trophies. For months I was due the TSW platinum trophy then on 18th August (a day I will long remember) it randomly popped while I was playing on Peninsula Corridor which was not part of the original TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HuggernautNL

HuggernautNL Member

Again?

Really, every DLC released has problems with steam achievements. As far back as I can remember it was already a problem with some of the West Somerset ones.
    More recently the Class 31.

I don't want to be "that guy", but seriously a little QA wouldn't hurt. If we run into this in the first 15 minutes you must have known right?

• Like Like x 2
  5. HuggernautNL

HuggernautNL Member

6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I did get the Bringing the Baby Back, but have to add RSN: Valley Veteran and LIRR: The King of Queens to my ever-growing list of Trophies I'm Owed (up to eight now), so I'd also appreciate confirmation that DTG are looking into sorting this.

7. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

I know it's a pain and it doesn't guarantee DTG will fix it but please raise a ticket about each of your issues. Firstly because then it's officially logged on their internal system and secondly because DTG tend to look at how many people have raised tickets on a particular issue when deciding what to prioritize for anything other than major issues.

8. adrian.thompson7

adrian.thompson7 New Member

Well you may not think if is triple A game but they charge triple a prices so should not expect players to beta test if for them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jannerdunk

Jannerdunk Well-Known Member

Well I pleased to say that having run the tutorial today, I have been awarded the achievement.

I assume yesterday's update has fixed the issue as I did nothing different