23 Fps In Game

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by aeunexcore, Feb 14, 2020.

1. aeunexcore

aeunexcore New Member

First time here and i'm out of luck with the answer i'm looking for. Basically, my issue is that the game is capped at 23 FPS when i'm trying to play the game. I followed the guide in https://dovetailgames.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/314/0/my-frame-rate-is-much-worse-when-i-use-ts2019-64-bit-compared-to-32-bit but it didn't fix my problem. Am I missing something?

My PC specs are:
    • i7 6700k @ 4.5GHz
    • 16GB RAM
    • GTX 1080TI
    • Samsung 960 NVMe SSD
    • 1440p Monitor
    EDIT: I'm running the 64-bit version

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  2. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

It all depends on your settings in game and how build up a tile is and what trains are used in the scenario. Some creators use absurd high quality textures of 4k or even 8k on highly detailed models with many polygons.
    It works fine most of the time for the player loco, but put a few in as AI, it will start to lag and drop FPS as they drive by.

Remember that this is still an old game with an engine over 10 years old (with tweaks in the years past) and struggles if you set the in game settings too high.
    I regularly have drops in busy tiles to around 15 or even 9 but looking to the side or the ground will improve the FPS until what is hitting the frames is moved of the screen but most of the time around 30 to 40 and is fine.

If you are stable around 30FPS you are doing fine for modern routes. Older routes you get easily 60 or more.

• Like Like x 1
  3. aeunexcore

aeunexcore New Member

How can I avoid those? I mean, I thought I was just doing the campaign stuff that the devs made. :(

4. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

If you only use steam content (not all content on steam is from DTG, but also 3rd party creators) should be working fine.

5. aeunexcore

aeunexcore New Member

Would there be a tag that says it's a modded map? I don't know where to look if it's steam content or somewhere else.

6. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

I have the same processor and 32GB of memory and a GTX 1060 6GB card and running TS on an M.2 drive. I am able to get over 30 FPS on 99% of the routes, both from Steam and 3rd party. The only exception is on areas with high density, e.g. scenery, rolling stock or using advanced locomotives. You may try to change your AA settings and see if you can see an improvement. Most of the in-game settings are set to maximum. and I am running RWEnhancer as well. I have set the frame rate cap to 30 to keep gameplay smooth. Check to see if you are using your card and not your on-board graphics.