PC Passenger Loading Looks Like Completely Unfinished Feature

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by PuuvillaneMats, Feb 15, 2020.

1. PuuvillaneMats

PuuvillaneMats Member

That's a question to developers. Why is the passenger loading function so unrealistic in TSW? Are You planning to change this soon? It really looks like unfinished feature. For example visual passenger loading counter DTG has provided as replacement to the real feature. The operation is so wrong and boring. In TS 20xx passenger loading process was not simulated at all (animated) and I undertsand why developers didn't waste time on boarding procedures. TSW (starting from GWR Paddington to Reading addon) as so called next step in train simulation world tried to change this but in my opinion failed again ... because what came out is not a simulation of real life operation. In reality after arriving to station a) driver releases doors intelock after which b) passengers can open doors themself and c) boarding starts. Before departure time guard or driver (in Driver Operation Only) has to check if boarding has finished and accordingly d) gives a sign to driver (whistle or buzzer) to switch on doors interlock or in DOO mode driver ensures himself the train is ready for departure. Now e) driver gives a buzzer (no need in DOO mode) signal code to guard and train can proceed. Simple like that. But ... where's the simulation of this real procedure? When will pointless timer be replaced by real animated passenger operation?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  2. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

Never, this feature is complete as it is ever gonna be for DTG.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trim

Trim Active Member

The only thing passenger loading needs in my opinion is for them to get out at terminal stations. Yes, I know there are lots of other aspects of passenger behaviour that look wrong, but real lifr people do odd things. I have no idea why people should stand out in the rain at some remote station, and then not get on to the train when it arrives, but that's people for you.

Door operation and getting signals to depart I see as a completely different matter. Most of the routes I play have/had guards. As a driver, I don't want anything whatsoever to do with door control; all I want to get is the signal from the guard, by bell or buzzer if appropriate, and probably by a popup in the cab if it was given by handsignal. Of course, what I would really like is someone on the platform giving the appropriate hand or lamp signa (for which I would need arrow keys so I can stick my head out of the window and look back down the train to see them), but I cannot imagine that happeneing. A popup would be fine.

• Like Like x 3
  4. There is also no toilet paper in the bathrooms of railway carriages...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. PuuvillaneMats

PuuvillaneMats Member

Not so funny at all. I understand that for some people real railway operation is not important at all but then word "simulator" should be removed from the title. If You didn't understand then my question was simple: when will unrealistic time counter be replaced by real functionality? I mean animated real passenger loading. Description: a) people are waiting on the platform b) train arrives and nobody enters before driver hasn't released doors intelock c) driver unlocks doors d) boarding starts e) when done guard gives a buzzer signal to driver f) driver switch doors interlock on and gives a buzzer signal back to the guard g) departure. Everything animated without need for unrealistic time counter. Boarding time depends on amount of passengers in station. And there should be timetable for driver. In german trains this means working EBuLa.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 2