Euro Fishing Live Tournaments Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DTG_Stephen, Aug 1, 2017.

1. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Hi all,

As you know we were running a trial with our live tournaments to try and make them more engaging for everyone. We have our player data from running these tournaments but would also like to get your opinions on what changes you would like to see implemented for the tournaments.

Do you prefer shorter tournaments with one attempt or the longer tournaments with multiple attempts? Would you like to see us switch between the two throughout the week?

Are there any rulesets you would like to see put in place?

Would you like to see restrictions on what gear can be used for the tournament or a fixed tackle box that everyone has to use for their attempts?

Are there any lakes in particular that you like playing the tournaments on?

Are you aware of our monthly global league and is this the reason you take part in the live tournaments?

2. MikeSynyster

MikeSynyster New Member

Certain people on PS4 shouldn’t be allowed to enter with so many characters.

3. titan28

titan28 Active Member

same as Mike's answer, make it so you can only use one character per gamertag, that way everyone is on an even playing field. Although this should have been how it was implemented at the very start. None of this I'll just use five characters so I get the best chance of winning crap.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tango81

Tango81 New Member

I must admit that seeing the same player winning every time on ps4 is off putting. I would play more tournaments if I new I had a chance of winning. I like the idea of having a set bait box to make it even for everyone. Oh and the player is mashead 7.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ian

ian Member

one character one go stopped playing tournaments because of mashead 7 fixed tackle box and the time setting and weather should be set so it cant be changed in options as that makes a massive difference

6. ian

ian Member

spot on 1 chance shoot out

7. floydntull

floydntull New Member

I have very little experience of tournaments predominantly because I stopped playing the game due to the issues that exist on the Xbox platform both prior to and since the most recent update/patch. In particular I am referring to what I would call "bait drifting" after casting. I'm not sure if this issue exists across Xbox, PS4 and PC but it's the reason I no longer play the game and the reason I will not purchase the recent or any future DLC until fixed. Likewise it is the reason I have not and will not be participating in tournaments until fixed. I appreciate this post could be considered as off topic but I believe that fixing such issues will in itself make tournaments more engaging than any rule set changes you might implement.

8. CH40S23

CH40S23 Member

Think mixture is good as in number, weight, n diff lakes, short n long sessions etc. . . other thoughts - single species, float only, same time same weather for all (like a real match), limited baits n tackle, one character per tag - an absolute must across majority of users, one rod, two rod n three rod matches. need to fix game first though.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  9. MikeSynyster

MikeSynyster New Member

How about banning said idiot who keeps cheating, yet you let win?

10. ian

ian Member

hes just won this months tournament by miles

11. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

- Only 1 character allowed. No do overs with multiple characters.
    - Have tournaments that limit tackle. For example only 1 specific hook size may be used in the tournament.
    But you can still choose bait. I do that very often in private competitions and makes things much more interesting as you then need to
    experiment on what bait works well on what hook size etc.
    You can even mix things up with waggler only tournaments or only certain line strength and things like that. It makes the player think
    a bit more and will have to experiment more with what work well together with what.
    - On week days only 1 session of no longer than 60 minutes. It's hard to fit in multiple sessions on a week night. Weekends can have multiple sessions.
    - Have more "all species count" tournaments. Those are by far the most enjoyable. The "only certain species count" tournaments get very
    frustrating when you keep catching the ones that don't count and score don't move.
    - Feature request: The ability to see yesterday's leader board and where you finished even if you did not finish in the top 25. Currently if you didn't finish in the top 25 to get XP and TP rewards then there is no way to enter the previous day's leader board to see where you actually finished. I would like to see where I finished , even if I didn't end up in the top 25.
    - Feature request: A friends only filter on the leader boards. I want to be able to see where my friends are on the leader board , both on the current live one and on yesterday's results. Currently I can only see where my friends are if they happen to be a few places right above or right below me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ian

ian Member

like your thinking

13. derricktward

derricktward New Member

I second this!

14. Deniskimber

Deniskimber New Member

Would like the time to start after you claim a peg/cast a rod which would negate any advantage of quicker loading times or closer pegs to spawn point. Also if playing a fish as time stops be able to land the fish regardless if it counts to score or not. I've had big cats on a few times and not had time to land it.

15. essoxlucious

essoxlucious Member

My system is PS4 pro.I would like to see a fixed time, fixed conditions, fixed wind, fixed tackle box appropriate to the venue being fished.i feel that this will give amateur anglers a chance to get onto the leaderboard.One character per tournament. 1,2,& 3 rod matches with the ability to always have access to the spod rod.Wind direction to be shown on the map. Scrolling leaderboard and or search bar on the leaderboard.the ability to land an hooked fish when the match ends.I like the idea of single species, float only ( with access to the spod rod). Tournament to start when 1st rod is cast out.Tournament duration, up to 1 hour in the week, up to 4 hours at the weekend.My favourite lake is St Johns.

• Like Like x 1
  16. WikusMazal

WikusMazal Active Member

Actually that would be great for any mode , single player as well. I hate to have to select a spot , load , see the wind direction , then have to fast travel to a different spot that suits wind direction.

17. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

Thank you all so much for your feedback on the live tournaments. It's great that you all have so many great ideas for what can we can do with the tournaments. We have noted them all down and will be discussing them internally, when we have finalised an idea for what we will be doing moving forward we will let you know.

18. iiFuRiiOuSs F81

iiFuRiiOuSs F81 Member

Please sort out the small fish taking the biggest baits its bigtime messed up the game for me! Just do an update asap before anything else or you will keep losing all your fans that you have accrued over the past year! I've waited patiently for toooo long, for the game to keep getting worse than 1st release. Ps you really need to test your game before releasing it.