PC Do Both Caltrain Cab Cars Use The Same Horn?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Easy301, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

Hi everyone,

Two quick questions if I may,

Just picked up the Baby Bullet DLC and noticed that both versions of cab cars in the game use the same horn, is this intended or is it a bug with my install?

The other question was that I noticed there's basically zero occlusion for the horn in the cab cars. I've heard this is correct especially for the gallery cab car as there's very little sound insinuation.

Are the bombardier cab cars really as poor at blocking the noise as the older cab cars? I thought for sure the horn wouldn't be as loud in the bombardier cab as it is in the older cab.

Thanks you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

It is not obvious

• Like Like x 1
  4. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It’s a different horn.

6. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

Thanks everyone for the response.

I'm aware the locomotive horns are different between the MP36 and the F40. I'm more curious about the cab cars, I tried watching the pre-release stream and it almost sounds like the Bombardier cab car may have a slightly different horn but in my game the horns sound exactly the same with no difference between the older cab car and the bombardier one.

I was just wondering if this was intended or if I should maybe reinstall the DLC? If someone would be kind enough to test both their cab cars and report if the horns sound the same for each I'd really appreciate it!

I thought for sure the horn would be more muffled IRL in the newer cab cars, but maybe not.

Thanks