Interested In Tsw 2020

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by jimlaursen1968, Feb 16, 2020.

1. jimlaursen1968

jimlaursen1968 New Member

I'M LOOKING INTO BUY train SIM WORLD 2020 I'm more interested in running North American side of it if I purchase TSW 2020 Digital Deluxe does that give any USA routes to run or do I have to purchase them individually? I've seen alot of cool videos of CSX and 1 with a Union Pacific I'd like to tackle.
    Thanks to anyone that can help me out

Jim

2. samsonbo

samsonbo Member

Wrong forum, this is Train Simulator 2020...

3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, the TSW forum is a separate bit - here!

But TSW Digital Deluxe edition gives you Long Island Rail Road and Peninsula Corridor in the US - both mainly passenger routes, but there's some Union Pacific freight on Peninsula Corridor. If you're on PS4, I believe you still get the NEC route in the bundle too (because of some sort of issue they had when they changed the bundles), which has some CSX, but the original CSX Heavy Haul isn't available on consoles.

They're a helpful bunch over on this TS2020 side, eh?!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  4. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Wrong forum

5. samsonbo

samsonbo Member

Off topic

• Like Like x 1
  6. Random Railfan

So sorry for redirecting someone to the TSW forums. How about we just them go on, thinking this is the TSW forum without telling them?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Factor41

Yeah, I did also redirect them, only with actual redirection.

Not to self: Must not be helpful on forums. Got it. Thanks. :D

8. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Wrong forum. And no, for your own good, stay very very very far away from TSW. It's a complete mess and the whole game is currently sinking faster than the Titanic. TS is a good deal more stable and offers WAY more variety, however it too does still have problems and the DLC is more expensive. There's also Run 8 if you're into realistic operations and multiplayer and Trainz has the best editor on the market by far. But believe me, TSW is a mess and right now, I honestly don't think it would really be worth it, especially when the game's future isn't looking to bright at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Factor41

I think that might be overstating it a bit. Yes, there are quite a lot of issues, and plenty more bugs since the last update, but I'm sure most will be resolved and there's still plenty of good gameplay to be had. TS might have more content and an editor, but from what I've seen, most of the content looks distinctly last-gen next to TSW. If I had to choose one or the other to invest in, I'd be picking the newer product.

• Like Like x 1
  10. John Murphy

Oh I'm sorry. Yeah, I totally agree with you. These problems will get fixed...MAYBE in another year or two if we're lucky. Also, I've always said it's not the graphics that make the game. Actually I've noticed that newer next gen games with flashy graphics usually tend to suck in gameplay compared to older games. I personally don't go rushing to the newest game just because the graphics are better.

• Like Like x 1
  11. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Rubbish, there are many people using TSW without any issues, a few vocal complainers on here doesn't make it a mess. It is isn't perfect by any means but it is not a mess and I see no evidence of it sinking.

• Like Like x 2
  12. John Murphy

If they keep releasing stuff like that god awful Canadian route and breaking the game with "updates" it will go down. The way I see it, DTG has time to straighten up its act and change the future TSW for the better, but I don't think they're going to take the opportunity because they're greedy, lazy, and ignorant to any customer feedback concerning the core game. They also offer little to no communication with the customer base and if they leave enough people hanging in the forums, or keep releasing DLC that nobody wants (except the diehard loyal fanboys that automatically love anything DTG pukes out), and especially if they don't release or at least give us some kind of info on the editor, TSW is going to die. I'm willing to go down with the ship here, but once it does go down, I'm probably just going to uninstall it and make room for other better games.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Factor41

"God awful Canadian route" seems a little strong for a DLC that isn't even out yet. Just because it doesn't appear to cater to your specific tastes, it doesn't mean there aren't people excited to get their hands on it. Every release has had its detractors, but the idea is to pick the ones you want from what will hopefully become an extensive collection.

• Like Like x 3
  14. theorganist

Hopefully any newcomers to the forum will see who the rational posters are and not base their opinions on mere rants!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I am a Canadian and I take a strong offense to the comments you made about the next new route being awful. I for one am looking forward to this route as it is the first Canadian route to added into TSW. Not every route is going to appeal to everyone but to others it will and it is those people for whom you're offending.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Michael Newbury

I agree I hope people can see past those who do not care and do nothing but complain.

• Like Like x 2
  17. John Murphy

*facepalm* Gotta love fanboys...

18. theorganist

And here it is the word "fanboys" just when you know the argument has descended into juvenile insults. Well done for not mentioning woke or snowflakes, or are you saving those for later?!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Michael Newbury

I have now chosen to ignore him if he is going to descend into using juvenile comments like that. there is no sense in trying to talk to him or help him with issues anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  20. John Murphy

Lol, no because those terms don't apply here and I don't use those terms anyway. However I say fanboys because well...you're behaving like one. Say what you want about me, but at least I know what is crap and what's not. I'm not blindly loyal to DTG, automatically praising literally everything they do. I don't think everything they do sucks either. I think some parts of TSW are great, like LIRR and NTP, but I don't think the game is really worth buying because of those routes, and I still think that right now, it looks pretty doomed. Maybe if you stopped kissing DTG's @$$ for once, you would see what I mean.

21. theorganist

I just enjoy the sim I am not blind to its faults and certainly don't praise everything they do. I don't particularly like the choice of this new Canadian route (not its location) and expressed that opinion, and I won't be purchasing it. But I am not going to join the bitter, angry, anti-DTG bandwagon which many parts of this forum have become and certainly not stoop to petty insults.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Random Railfan

Okay, so I just came over to this ummmm... thing? Seeing all this fighting is kinda concerning. Of course I really dislike TSW, so I do agree with John on some of this, but this discussion has gotten really heated. It's a shame to see people arguing about a train game. Of course, if you dislike TSW, that's fine, if you like it, that's fine too. As long as you have valid points about it and don't let your discussion descend into a heated argument it's okay. At least that's how I see it.

23. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Why do you play this game?
    Most of your post are about how bad something is and DTG are not going to fix something
    Do you just come here to slag everything off?
    So again why do you play this game?

Peter
    And I'm not a Fanboy - you will see my posts criticizing DTG or any other maker when they get something wrong

• Like Like x 1
  24. theorganist

I think you have it in one, I think he just enjoys being offensive.

It seems you are a fanboy unless you aren't on here regurgitating the same anti-DTG rhetoric you spouted four times the days before!

Whilst I am getting more use and enjoyment out of TS1 and TSW despite the problems (which I have also been critical of) then I am happy to be a fanboy!

• Like Like x 1
  25. Random Railfan

I think defending the game that you prefer (if you do prefer one) is perfectly fine as long as it doesn't get immature or disrespectful. Just because I'm not particularly fond of TSW doesn't mean I get mad at others for liking it.

• Like Like x 1
  26. theorganist

Well that is true and it also applies to all sides of the argument of course.

• Like Like x 2
  27. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Although I actually completely agree with you (believe that or not...) regarding TSW, ..... I wouldn't stoop so low as to just instantly dismiss someone's well-articulated opinion as "Rubbish". It's not very nice behaviour in my opinion. It has an air of arrogance about it that could make quite a lot of people that read these Forums really uncomfortable.

I wish you'd stop with that sort of attitude. It's very toxic you know! And somewhat patronising! That is, of course just my opinion, for what it's worth.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Funny, and that from you, especially. You are doing exactly that what you want to hold against theorganist. You are toxic and extremely patronishing, and much more bad things. I wish you would stop with that sort of anything.

POLL:
    Would you like that s.a would stop what he is doing anywhere on the forums? Answers: yes, YES, YES YES YES PLEASE, abselutely yes, yes of course.

• Like Like x 3
  29. synthetic.angel

Hi Maik

I know that you are upset with me for having the opinion that content (as fabulous as it often is) on train simulators should be tested before it is put on sale. Resistance to the idea that content makers "raise their game" when it comes to making quality product at a price, is perfectly understandable - because when you start spending time on making things to a quality standard, it's tempting to think that profits (per hour) might go down.

But there comes a point when very basic testing can be done, to prevent customers feeling a "bit ripped off", or,
    indeed "totally ripped off", because the product sold is completely non-functional. Something that I am sure you are aware might happen... quite a lot....

Regarding - theorganist - well - actually I quite like the vast majority of what theorganist says, almost all of the time. Although, I do get concerned when, maybe, some of the time people start to "play the person and not the ball", when they are losing an argument, or facing an alternative point of view. Thankfully, this happens quite rarely.

I respect the views that both you and theorganist hold, even though I don't always agree with them. I don't tend to make anything personal at all - ever. But if you see me do this, then do let me know.

I will,of course, always defend myself - quite thoroughly - as I guess you now know.

• Like Like x 2
  30. theorganist

You are actually unbelievable, I wasn't going to say any more on the subject but you can't let it drop. The post I was replying to was not that well articulated and is from a poster who can be very offensive and just seems to want to criticise, and I am sure does not need you to stick up for him.

I am not getting into a petty argument with you, all I will say is you seem to have gone from a very reasonable and interesting poster to someone who is suddenly obsessed with DTG and getting angry. You have also been very patronising, especially to Anthony.

I don't want to fall out with anyone over some pixels on a screen, I am sure we would all get on very well in the bar in the Kings Head.

Anyway I am fed up with all this arguing so continue amongst yourself, I will seek out the more interesting and more positive threads, if I can find any!

• Like Like x 2
  31. synthetic.angel

Well - thank you for your feedback. I don't feel in any way "angry". And on other things you mention (without detailing them publicly) - well - you are just wrong.

I merely called you out here, because you really do have a habit of calling people critical, or patronising, or somehow not behaving according to your "pleasant code" - but then (it appears to me that) you then do exactly all of these things yourself - often in a fairly petty way, and/or mostly accusatory way(!). And I am not sure if you are really aware of this - so I have flagged it up for you here, for you to consider at your leisure. It looks a tad hypocritical. It's just my impression, although maybe my impression could be faulty, ... somehow.

Anyway - I really don't like making directly personal posts, so I don't like making this one at all (and so now I am being hypocritical....), but I felt it was justified, having been subject to very many of your "holier than thou style " patronising observations.

I am not particularly keen to fall out over this - so I am quite content to draw a line under it here, and move on, if you are. And then get back to the good stuff - trains.

32. trainsfiend

trainsfiend New Member

Doesn't matter, he can have still meaningful arguments with his other account Factor41 :D

33. Factor41

I don't know why you're insistent on dragging me into this, but you seem very invested in this whole bizarre line of dialogue, especially for someone who's just signed up on a brand new account only today...
    ThinkingEmoji.png

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020