Ntp: Game Crashes When I Enter Manchester Victoria

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by tokatails08, Feb 17, 2020.

1. tokatails08

tokatails08 Active Member

I’ve been experiencing this issue with a couple of services with NH06- BG’s to Manchester Victoria 05:10 and NH03- Light engine to Manchester Victoria 07:35. The crash occurs after passing Miles plaiting station heading down into Manchester Victoria.

I’m curious to know if you have had any issues with this and find out if there’s a way to fix this crash?

2. guenther.josh

guenther.josh New Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, I made two attempts at NH03, and completed the scenario both times. First attempt I did in reverse, second attempt I did going forwards (cab change).

But I think there is potential for a problem here - as I suspect that the location of the PS4 Blue Screen Of Death crash on PS4 occurs about 150m out of Miles Platting triangle (Manchester-side junction/apex). I think that there is a map tile "boundary" around here, and that there is potential for the signalling to get mis-timed or miscommunicated on this bi-directional line. Maybe it doesn't interlock correctly..., to allow the 7:48am out of Manchester onto its path, and if this happens, you get a crash.....?

I didn't have any PS4 crash at all, but there was a very long load time, with a screen freeze, about 150m after Miles Platting. To make both runs the same, I made sure that I passed through Miles Platting at exactly 7:50am - FYI, in case this timing (by lucky chance) avoids an interlocking error.... Maybe signalling comms can get lost in the ether during a screen freeze... and you get a crash....? Maybe my freeze was right on the edge of a crash, but the Pro part of PS4 Pro saved it...? Dunno.

There's also some bizarre physics on the 1.7% and 2.2% grades - I would expect the 40 to be able to stop pretty quickly from 15mph, when light engine, even down this steep hill - but it doesn't - it's as if there is a loaded oil train behind it - you can slide along on full brakes for quite a long time... so watch out for the potential SPAD, on your final entry into Manchester, before you get given your road (you have to ask for it).

It's a shame people have had issues, because this is quite a nice scenario, even if you don't have to physically refuel at the fuelling point stop (I didn't understand why this bit could not have been made to be interactive).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I also ran the NH06 service with the BGs. Again, a long screen freeze around 150m out of Miles Platting, between the station and the first signal gantry. No crash though, on the PS4 Pro. Scenario completed.

There could well be something happening here to other people, either a memory stack problem or some sort of timeout issue, leading to a crash. This run was not complicated by any competing traffic (although it crosses over many more roads) - so I think this is just a map tile boundary issue.

NB: I noticed that on the run towards Miles Plattting, that the whole station popped in quite late on. So maybe this is just an optimisation issue.

• Like Like x 1