New Video Up !

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by StannyGreg, Jan 5, 2020.

1. StannyGreg

StannyGreg Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Merseydmu

Merseydmu Member

Hi, is this on the xbox version of the game and if so how did you find the train in shutdown state?

3. StannyGreg

StannyGreg Member

PS4 :)
    I really just set the cold and dark state myself and then started the recording :)

4. Merseydmu

Merseydmu Member

Thanks for the reply, I've tries to do it on xbox but can't seem to shut the train down haha.

• Like Like x 1
  5. StannyGreg

StannyGreg Member

Head into a cab, master key in , direction natural, B3 on the throttle :)
    Hold AUX for five sec

6. Merseydmu

Merseydmu Member

Worked a treat, thank you so much

• Like Like x 1
  7. StannyGreg

StannyGreg Member

8. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Nice video. If you want me to give you some professional tips on how to improve your driving, let me know and I’ll give you some feedback. :)

9. StannyGreg

StannyGreg Member

Yes please !! Thank you ! :)

10. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Obviously, you play or enjoy the game how you want but if you want to make it as realistic as possible, you may follow the below instructions.

• This is just a comment/FYI rather than a tip/advice but I believe the ‘hissing’ noise is air dissipating from the main reservoir to atmosphere. This is why when you set up a train from a shutdown state (I.e. auxiliaries tripped or engines shut down), it takes few minutes for the air to build up in the main reservoir which you can see in one of the gauges in cab. As air builds, the automatic parking brakes will release (about 5 bar) and at about 7 bar, you will be able to release the brakes/take power as normal with the power brake controller. I don’t sign Class 377s but in (some) other traction, you know auxiliaries are tripped when you go to your train because there will only be one tail light lit instead of two. In TSW, it appears no tail lights are lit when auxiliaries are tripped.
    • Minor comment: I probably would have used night running lights because it is still quite dark.
    • Minor comment: I know there was no gradient but I personally always use the hill start function. The Class 377s and other bombardier units are good with this because when you hold the hill start button and move to a power notch, the hill start will automatically disengage when the power circuit is made. Whereas other units such as the Class 166 are different because brakes won’t release until you release the button. I only bring this up because just in case you’re not aware of what a hill start is although as I say it’s not a big issue as there was no gradient here. It’s always good to use the hill start just in case there is a problem with power not being able to be taken.
    • The first thing I check for when I see these videos (and in real life, the first thing Driver Managers look for) is has a Running Brake Test (RBT) being carried out. The On Train Data Recorder can automatically detect whether a RBT has been done and if you haven’t, it will be tea and biscuits with your manager. At the first available opportunity, you must test the brakes/ get a feel for the brakes and this gets carried out on every single train service in the U.K. There is no set speed to do it at but it should be done at a speed that you are able to get a good feel for the brakes. So for example, once you get to 50mph, put it in step one or two (serviceable/normal braking) and lose 10mph to get to 40mph. That’s it and now you can whack it back open to notch 4 and continue as normal. The reason why this is done is not so much testing if the brakes work (you’ve got serious problems if it doesn’t haha), but more to get a ‘feel’ for the brakes. I know in TSW, the conditions and braking is exactly the same but in real life braking is affected by railhead conditions (e.g. weather), type of train, length of train and even the particular unit. So this 8 coach Class 377 you drove today may be different to how another 8 coach Class 377 would handle depending on passenger loading, how old the brake pads are etc... yes, it is only be very minor differences but there is a difference nonetheless.
    • The braking technique for the station was generally very good. Normally on these videos that people put online, they ‘dump’ the unit by finishing in a high brake application but you eased it back nicely to step 1 for a nice finishing impact with fairly good accuracy. Just a couple minor points: you want to avoid using step 3. I know you only used it towards the start of your braking curve and only briefly so it’s not too bad but I would avoid it and brake slightly earlier and in step 2. Also when you were a third of the way down the platform, you released the brakes fully even though you were still doing 24mph. I personally would have kept it in step one particularly when you were still going quite fast. If you didn’t release the brakes, you probably wouldn’t have to use that much of step 2 near the end just as passengers are getting out of their seats walking towards the doors.
    • When securing the train before releasing doors, you correctly put the controller to step 3 (full service) but you should also put the reverser switch into neutral. So put controller into step 3, select neutral, set DRA if appropriate (see below) and then door release.
    • You also set the DRA when there was no particular need to. I think you may have read on another thread where someone said you should put the DRA in when stopped at any station in order to remind you to check the signal. That isn’t correct as you should only set it if the signal is red or if there is no starting signal and the previous signal was a single yellow. The only time you would put the DRA in when there is a green/yellow signal is either if you were leaving the cab for any reason or you are being relieved by another driver. There is no harm in using the DRA for other reasons if it helps you such as to remind you of a temporary speed restriction ahead or if the starting signal is a single yellow but be careful not to overuse it otherwise the DRA becomes meaningless.

I hope this helpful. Any questions about the above, just ask. If you make any more videos, let me know and I can have a look. It’s a very good video nonetheless ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. StannyGreg

StannyGreg Member

Wow thanks so much for great input !! I really do not appreciate DTG not having a full on manual for this route/ unit ! Imagine those who wants to learn to drive this, but the manual and tutorials tells you nothing about it !

12. alexwest1818

alexwest1818 New Member

Beautiful gameplay, also play on PS. However, I also have a PC version.