PC I Would Buy East Coastway If

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jetgriff, Feb 20, 2020.

1. jetgriff

jetgriff Well-Known Member

there was a loco hauled passenger train, there were 33 and 47 on that route... I just cant get into driving units around. A simple addition of loco hauled would improve route no end.. or even a class 73....

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

There is a Railtour service on that route.

3. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

yup. And all british "classic" loco's work with it. BR 33, 45, 47... etc. You just have to own the other route they come with, like Northern Transpennine for the 45 and 47. They will use the coaches used in NTP as well, as far as I know those were the British Rail Mark 1 and 2

4. hightower

hightower Guest

It’s not loco hauled route though, rail tour aside.

It’s a modern, EMU based DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

You can't use the Class 33 on the railtour service sadly.

6. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I would immediately buy East Coastway (and all of the current DLC) if....

- DTG made a public commitment to fix every bug for every bit of content that is currently on sale; and,
    - DTG published a list of bugs including their planned date for deploying a patch for each recognised bug.

I have stopped purchasing DLC, irrespective of how fabulous the DLC might be, until I see progress with the above.

It's partly a technical issue for me, because my DB BR 155 Debit Card doesn't seem to make any noises when it enters the RSN Card Reader tunnel, and consequently no further payments can be authorised to DTG.

All that said, I am a complete hypocrite and can be wowed into a vulnerable delusional and suggestive state when looking at shiny things, and if the shiny thing happened to be a Class 73 with a rake of named Pullman coaches, that could be used on any UK route (including WSR)... then I might, regrettably, have to part company with my dearly beloved cash, and take a punt on whether it has been tested and QA'd.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

...if it had the same variety of GWE in service mode. In fact, in a few weeks after the route release people seems to already have gone back to GWE as the most favorite route (data from https://smtimetables.herokuapp.com/). So yeah, "10/10 best route ever" cit. but nah I totally regret buying it. And what about class 66 which has almost no gameplay in the route?

8. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Was thinking that I might pick up ECW if it was 50% off in the next sale because there doesn't seem like there's much replay value in it - is that fair to say? Would you still regret the purchase if you'd paid half as much?

9. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Half the price (~13€) compared to the initial release is probably fair for this route, yes.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Digital Draftsman

Now the signalling is fixed it's definitely worth picking up in a sale if you like passenger services. The replay value isn't too bad as you have the two routes to drive as well as the railtour to give some of your other locos a fast run.

• Like Like x 2
  11. NAYDOG

NAYDOG Guest

sad they didnt add that flange squeal that is missing - but in the files. its sorely lacking. ECW is a stellar route though, if only the pennines looked like some of the hills in ECW

12. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The flange squeal fix is coming in an update today.

• Like Like x 1
  13. hightower

hightower Guest

...but is broken. A fix for the fix is coming soon apparently :)

14. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Most definitely fair to say, infact I'd go for more 60-75% off!! It was bought for me as a surprise xmas present as there was no way I was buying it at full price and honestly, I've played the route no more than a handful of times, it's just too damned short and therefore very repetitive. Yes, there is a freight service, which you can only drive for a few miles and the tour service only appears once in service mode and only goes from Lewes to Eastbourne, why not from Brighton and back?

The route needs an extension with more variety of trains to be anywhere near worth the full asking price in my opinion, but yeah, the detail is more better than in previous UK routes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. Trim

Trim Active Member

It's the wrong era for me. Modern units, even modern loco-hauleds don't do it for me, and I've enough routes already with various types of modern traction, but if it were released with 2-HAPs (or 3-COPs - the "C" is for Coastway, after all) then I'd happily buy it.

• Like Like x 2
  16. jetgriff

jetgriff Well-Known Member

Ah thanks everyone, all this info is well received, I did not know there was a Railtour..,. I will now purchase route as I have all other UK routes and will enjoy running loco hauled. The route seems very well created and I did not want to miss a run on it.

17. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

ECW still has some issues when it comes to signalling and train protection systems... ;)

18. Digital Draftsman

I can't say I'm suprised...

Are there still issues with the AWS?

19. AlexNL

AlexNL Well-Known Member

Those seem to have been resolved. They have also looked at the banner repeaters along the route so they always show the correct aspect.

However, issues that I have seen are:
    - The TPWS grid at LW12 (Lewes P5) tripping you while the signal shows proceed, but only if you (or an AI train) got there from Brighton beforehand
    - Signal LW18R showing invalid aspects
    - Signal CCO1571 (near Newhaven Yard) showing an incorrect aspect when CCO1573 is at danger and you're driving a train heading for the aggregates terminal.

• Helpful Helpful x 1