Variation Of Exception Code

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by capncol, Feb 19, 2020.

1. capncol

capncol Member

I have recently updated the Midland Mainline from JT and now have a couple of issues.
    The first is that if any of the scenarios load, there is a completely black sky.
    The second is that once I try to reload the route, the game crashes with the usual out of memory code.
    However, I also get the following which I have never seen before, it is:
    Code 0xC0000094
    next line: INT DIVIDE BY ZERO
    Anyone have any ideas of what this means?
    Colin

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I would contact JT about the sky problem - it might be a problem with the update

Peter

3. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

From the technical standpoint, Integer or int is a data type commonly used in programming to store non decimal numbers. It looks like the game somewhere in it's logic tried to divide a whole number by zero which is not possible to do.

4. capncol

capncol Member

Thanks for your replies.
    I did get a response from JT which was to re-download the files with my anti virus off (to avoid any corruption of files), uninstall the old route using the windows uninstall then reload. Also to carry out file verification. I did everything including verification but still no joy.
    I have now taken the drastic step of uninstalling and reinstalling and hoping this will sort things out.
    Forgot how long it takes to load everything up and get all the settings back again, but hopefully I will soon be able to try out that route again.
    Colin

5. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I got this error today running on the South Wales Coastal route everything was going smooth then everything stopped and the game exited with the same message you got.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  6. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I may have found the solution to this issue, I went back into TS2020 and cleared the cache then closed the game down (Do not restart otherwise it will start back up in 32bit) and re-launched the game. And was able to complete the run with no issues.

7. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Hint: go to your RailWorks folder and find Railworks64.exe and put a shortcut on your desktop. When using this shortcut it will always start in 64 bit.
    This is also handy: How to clear cache outside of the game.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=465303891

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
    • Helpful Helpful x 1