Error Code 34878

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ehz0689, Feb 20, 2020.

1. ehz0689

ehz0689 Well-Known Member

I have reinstall the game twice and yes both game and system are up to date. has anyone had any issues with the hard copies of the game? the last thing I want to do is initialize my ps4 and start over. any suggestions will help

2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Well that error code means the game has crashed, which is helpful, but doesn't narrow down why it's crashed, which isn't helpful.

You shouldn't have to initialise your system for one game crashing.

Does the game run at all or does it crash at random/specific points? If it's not starting at all you mention a hard copy so I assume it's on disk; is it damaged at all? Are other games running ok?

When you deleted prior to the reinstall did you delete the save files as well? It may be those that have become corrupted, the fresh install will still try to read them. You will lose your game progress though - if you have PS Plus and the auto backup turned on you might have a copy (unless that is corrupted to).

You are often told by the support team to "rebuild your PS4's database", this might actually be appropriate in this case. Possibly worth a try.

3. ehz0689

It crashes during the load up screen and it's a digital copy. I'm hoping by buying a hard copy of the game will fix the problem.

4. ehz0689

I deleted all of my saved data and the game loaded up without issues. Thanks for the help

5. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Excellent, you're back on track. :)

The save files must have somehow become corrupted. Did the game crash mid session at any time? Anyway it's worth backing them up every now and then. A usb memory stick would work just fine.

6. ehz0689

It still crashes when I'm checking out the menu. I have the game on an external harddrive

7. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Very odd! I've not seen anyone else reporting that problem.

Was it running ok for a while? Do other games have a problem?

It does sound like the fault maybe occurs when it is trying to read or write to the hard drive. I would have thought that the PS4 system should control it but possibly TSW is looking for files on the internal drive. Could you swap in onto the internal (although I presume that's full hence the external).

8. ehz0689

it crashed again awhile back to where I had to make a new profile. since then no issues