Why Does The Engine Just Stop?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by liamlikesviolin, Feb 19, 2020.

1. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

Operating a CAT service and was well over an hour in when the throttle simply stopped responding. No brakes were on and I hadn't performed an emergency stop so wtf? I ended up having to quit. FWIW this happened shortly after some sound bugs with brake sounds not working and outside sound levels inside the cab..
    Has this happened to anyone else?
    The Peninsula is starting to piss me off

2. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Yeah, if you're too aggressive with the throttle, there's a position below idle which can stop the engine. Be gentle with it and it'll serve you well! The Baby Bullet is a much simpler beast to drive, but probably less rewarding with it.

• Like Like x 2
  3. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

thanks for the response yeah I have the BB and its easier but I wanted to drive the other, bit LOVE isn't it. I did try to restart the engine but that doesn't help. I will remember to clear the cache, be gentle with the throttle and sacrifice a chicken before trying again, farcical!

4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Also, save regularly, then if it does happen, you can always reload!

5. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Happened to me, and it was frustrating. Did you wait 60 seconds like the manual says? This always worked for me.

Resetting PCS on the Electro-Motive F40PH-2CAT

When the Pneumatic Control Switch (or PCS) is open, the train brakes cannot be released, and the throttle controls are deactivated. To operate your train again you must reset the PCS. You can tell if it is activated by looking for the illuminated PCS OPEN indicator. Once the train has come to a complete stop.
    1. Set the Throttle to Idle
    2. Set the Reverser to Neutral
    3. Set the Independent Brake to Full Application.
    4. Set the Automatic Brake to Emergency
    5. Wait for 60 seconds
    6. Release the Automatic Brake and wait for the Equalising Reservoir / Brake Pipe to return to 90 psi While the Automatic Brake is releasing, you will need to put the Throttle in to Notch 1 so that the compressor can recharge the Main Reservoir. Once the Equalising Reservoir and Brake Pipe needles have returned to 90 psi, and the main reservoir has recharged to 140 psi, put the Throttle back to Idle. You should now be able to release the Independent Brake, set the Reverser and apply Throttle.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

I will try. I tried saving some Baby bullet games but it wouldn't let me saying failed to save. I will see what happens thanks.

7. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

Thanks for the info yes I followed the emergency stop procedure just in case

8. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

Also gets up to speed way quicker than the F40.

9. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

I did save a game, however when I returned to it it wouldn't work. This is the Bombardier bi level cab. One has to wonder if the beta tester is Stevie wonder assisted by Helen Keller. No disrespect meant to them btw, both were are amazing people. I would post a support ticket if I thought for one minute the dev gave a LOVE but seeing the other issues, the unresolved class 47 et al, I am tired of ewasting time and will simply use what I know works but will not purchase another addon.

10. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

From my experience, I don't save games any more, because every time I load my saved game, I encounter issues. Or I can't save the game at all. :/

11. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

I LOVE how they edit out our rants, there must be a way around this, Devs your BETA testing is WxAxNxK

12. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

Don't forget a goat.

13. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

No lie I lived next to an old farm once long retired but they had a goat named Matilda and it loved me! It would stand on its rock and when it saw me it would p_i_s_s on the spot, and when I would pet her, it would try to wrap its chain around my leg so I couldn't leave...

14. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

Nope tried today lol, the saved game cab car had no power and a dead stick.

15. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

That is one way of making you stay.