Oakville Subdivision Red Lights...

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Matzo, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

First service of journey mode... Got stuck at a red light just after Bronte. Save & load having no effect. Not good DTG, the.first.service.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

I think I’ve reached this Red now. 4.2 miles from Oakville yard?

• Like Like x 1
  3. TinTin_57

Ok this red does clear but after around 25 mins

• Like Like x 1
  4. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

That's the one, I wouldn't even mind a 25 minute wait if there was just some sort of feedback from the game when contacting the controller other than "Denied: No route available"

5. TinTin_57

Yeah I actually got bored and went to make a cup of tea, came back and saw the light change!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dagrynn

Dagrynn Member

WOW, I am SO glad I looked through these forums. I was stopped at that light and was ready 2 ditch the journey until I read this. I agree there needs 2 b some message in the simulation just to make u aware of what is happening.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

Whilst a 25 min wait at a signal is perfectly realistic, it's not exactly conducive to enjoyable gameplay. Red signals add interest to a scenario, as the player has to drive to restrictive aspects on approach as well as bring the train to a stand and start it again; A two or three minute wait should be the most, any longer and the player will get bored and start to question the integrity of the game.

• Like Like x 3
  8. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Mine lasted less than 10 minutes. I got out of the train and walked around. :)

9. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Completely agree. Realistic or not, it's borderline disrespectful of a player's time to include 25 minutes of red light waiting on a route with no feedback. Sure you can have a walk about, but to not even have a message to indicate how long that wait might be is poor.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Driver8666

Driver8666 Active Member

According to the CROR, if it has a "R" plate you can pass it at restricted speed. Problem is you flunk the scenario. I flagged this to DTG. This has to be fixed so it's inline.

25 minutes? I've heard worse stories in real life, one of them being a crew moved a train all of about 10ft and 12 hours later, being relieved by another crew.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hoghead1976

Hoghead1976 New Member

On Oakville Sub “Equipment Move”, after setting out the GP9RM in the yard, upon returning to the east end of the yard (Aldershot North), I encounter a Stop signal at the signal governing eastward moves from the yard out onto the mainline. The pin to complete the objective is actually just east of the Stop Signal. I normally make the stop no closer than the 300 feet from the Stop signal, as required by CROR. When I try to request a CROR Rule 564 from the RTC (Rail Traffic Controller, the name for Train Dispatcher in Canada), I get the message “Denied, Train in Block”. Upon pulling up the map, I can see no other movements nearby. I waited about 10 minutes, with the signal remaining at Stop indication. This is a 3 aspect signal. Normally, for the move I need to make, I should be receiving a Restricting indication (Red over Red over Yellow), CROR Rule 436. upload_2023-3-13_20-17-5.png
    Or perhaps, a Slow to Stop (Red over Red over Flashing Yellow), CROR Rule 435.

upload_2023-3-13_20-18-43.png

Please refer to the 3-aspect high mast signal, as shown above, for the signal displayed at Aldershot North, for the application of Restricting (CROR Rule 436) & Slow to Clear (Rule 435) signal indications.

As indicated in other replies above, in regards to Stop signals on the Oakville Sub, I’m just wondering if this is a glitch, or if I need to wait about 25 minutes to receive a signal less restrictive/more permissive than Stop at Aldershot North, similar in nature to what others have encountered in other locations on the Subdivision.

12. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

This one's just a bug almost as old as the thread you're necroposting on. I raised a ticket about it the other day and the response I got was basically, "yeah, it's broken, we know", and the ticket was closed. Don't hold your breath for it being fixed any time soon.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hoghead1976

Hoghead1976 New Member

Sounds about as bad as waiting forever on the Dispatcher/RTC to answer the radio or code your move in (clear your signal/route), in real life

14. Hoghead1976

Hoghead1976 New Member

I’ve honestly tried everything too, to circumvent this. Including breaking up my power & leaving one of my GP38-2’s straddling the signal. When I tried that, it wouldn’t allow me to complete my objective, when I set out the GP9RM in the yard.

15. torfmeister

torfmeister Guest

Works fine on TSW2.