Fishing Sim World New Player - Channel Catfish From Lake Guntersville?

Discussion in 'PC' started by SimulatorDaz, Feb 23, 2020.

1. SimulatorDaz

SimulatorDaz Well-Known Member

Hi,

I've only been playing a few days and I know very little when it comes to fishing, but I'm willing to learn! So today I started the FSW Mastery Challenges on the DTG website. One of them is to catch 10 Channel Catfish from Lake Guntersville. So far I've not caught a single one!

I'm still using the default tackle box set up, but have swapped around the lures etc but still no joy! Which of the settings should I use? I've been catching a lot of Bass while using the Bass set up. I guess this makes sense!

After some research I found this page https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/fishing-sim-world/articles/article/where-to-find-trophy-fish which shows a trophy fish called Payne - Channel catfish near Lindsay Hollow. Where can the non trophy Catfish be found?

Any advice would be most welcome.

Thanks!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. coopsno1

coopsno1 New Member

I'm not sure on locations but there are plenty there. I had success with the No48 Milk Money lure and the Booty shaker. When fishing for the cat fish I found that speed 2 retrieve works best and if you watch the depth gauge, when you retrieve along the bottom, once your lure starts to come off the bottom (near the boat) let it come up a foot or 2 then let it fall back to the bottom. I have found the catfish will bite just as or soon after it touches back down. I dont know if this is an actual built in tactic or just pure coincidence but it seems to work for me. Sorry I cant be more help with locations. If I find a decent spot I'll reply again.

3. SimulatorDaz

SimulatorDaz Well-Known Member

coopsno1

Hi and thanks for the reply. Since posting this message I've been having better luck with the Catfish! I've found a good spot. The jetty at the far south of the map, I use the boat to move just a tad away from the jetty, and fish around that area. Not the fastest of catches, but its fishing and not every bite is a winner!

Thanks again!