PC Osd Industries

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Callum B., Feb 23, 2020.

1. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  2. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

I haven't bought it yet, but man.... I wasn't expecting it to be THIS bad...

3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Wow.

• Like Like x 1
  4. synthetic.angel

Oh My Facebooking Google.... Wow.....

5. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

As much I hate to turn complaints about a video game into something semi-apocalyptic, but the more I think about it, and the more I follow the situation (which I do very closely), the more one scenario of how this happened comes to mind:

"If we release this mid-March as we planned, the world will be in chokehold by the coronavirus. NOBODY will have the nerve to buy video games then."

And I'm not even convinced that such a concern on Dovetail's side would be unjustified. Far from that, in fact.

6. Callum B.

I had seen the map on the pre-release stream and almost pulled the trigger after seeing these... er... countless industries, but now I am thankful that I didn't. Part of me wants to believe that this is just some grand error made by the testing team and these tracks are supposed to be accessible, but the silence from DTG is making me uneasy. I really did think this could be an outstanding switching route, despite my dislike of the stock sounds. Now I am not sure.

I don't intend to jump on the bandwagon of "DTG false advertising!!1!!1!" but I really do wonder if this would be? Shame.

• Like Like x 3
  7. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

I have not had the chance to attempt to explore those areas, if true, this is disgusting. Why would they put this on the map if we cannot access? Then again, one of the German routes has a section that's inaccessible due to the lack of a diesel loco. They still have not released a DLC for it. I can't remember the route name.

Someone on Discord suggested that maybe those are CP tracks? Even so, why were they included in the map? Wow. The talk about exploring the massive industrial zone was one of the major selling points for me.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
  8. Callum B.

You're referring to Main-Spessart Bahn. Yes, I do think it's very odd that the area is so well-detailed and fleshed-out despite not being accessible by train. However, it is still at least accessible by foot and I don't recall the port being advertised as a major feature to the route. I certainly didn't even know the route came with a port until after purchasing it. The primary difference here is that these Hamilton industries are explicitly the selling point.

• Like Like x 5
  9. synthetic.angel

My thought process.... (and this is honest direct feedback to DTG)..... in this saga was and still is:

1. New route DLC announced - right, I am going to openly challenge DTG on whether the new DLC was tested before the release, this is just what I have been waiting for after my very recent (December 2019) disappointment that the DB BR 155 still doesn't work properly on RSN.
    2. Oooh, Canadian DLC - could be cool. This could be really nice (even if it turns out to be buggy as hell), but then I generally whine about the marketing hyperbole anyway, because it really seemed to be ridiculous (almost/nearly.... countless/limitless/infinite... whatever...)
    3. Defend DTG lightly - this "short route" back-lash seems a bit unfair, it's the content that matters
    4. Defend DTG lightly - this "freight only" back-lash seems a bit unfair, freight only could be fine if it's substantial
    5. DevStream - Oh wow, the shunting areas are, indeed, huge.... I was right about defending DTG... (points 3 & 4)
    6. Felt guilty about initially pre-judging lack of testing and whining about marketing (points 1 & 2), etc.
    7. Actively promote OSD route and defend DTG on the "short freight only route", and inject slight hype about snow, etc.
    8. Release: see feedback roll in about lack of access to the areas that were supposedly developed as the lynch-pin to the whole route, plus endless bug reports about the new key features....
    9. Realise that DTG has again made me feel like a fool
    10. Throw up. I don't suffer from cognitive dissonance much - but I had to defeat two brain-wiping cognitive bias switches.... (sceptism to guilt.... and guilt to re-realisation....)... and this sort of thing leaves most people feeling fairly disappointed....

That's how DTG makes me feel, currently. Sick. Unwell. I felt like the frog in The Crying Game, being poisoned by the scorpion. But always remember - you can't expect the scorpion to change it's nature, even if you show it some kindness.

It's much worse for anyone that actually bought the DLC based on the hyperbole and the DevStream, and then actively found, to their horror, that it was all a load of..... anyway....

.....regarding claims of "false advertising" - yes - there is a case to be answered here, potentially. Broadly speaking, if people are induced to make a purchase based on any "marketing and sales techniques" that they are exposed to, but otherwise would not be induced to make a purchase if they had been given more relevant information, or more true information, then that could be in breach of UK Regulations. Then it is a matter of:

- how serious it is (new car vs computer game);
    - how long it goes on for (minutes vs months); and,
    - what the scale of damage is (one person vs 100,000 people).

And a high refund rate is indicative of something going very very wrong. You don't actually have to make a purchase to complain.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Traxx

Traxx New Member

What's wrong with the BR 155? Only annoying bug I remember is the traction motor fans suddenly being silent.

11. thearkerportian

• Like Like x 1
  12. synthetic.angel

Loses all sound in the RSN tunnels. Other than that, the 155 is absolutely fantastic - but I can't bear to use it, because the enjoyment gets smashed every time you see a tunnel, wherever you use it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Traxx

Traxx New Member

I wouldn't bet on DTG ever fixing it, even CSX HH has a sound bug, where sometimes in-cab everything sounds as if in exterior mode

14. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

On to the next DLC, played for more than 2 hours? No refund. Thanks for the money suckers. -dtg

• Like Like x 1
  15. thearkerportian

In severe cases, Steam will let you refund after more than two hours playtime. Takes a bit longer, and you'll have to explain why, but it is possible. And OSD is most definitely a severe case.

• Like Like x 2
  16. synthetic.angel

Well, the chip in my Debit Card is programmed to refuse any further payments to DTG until the 155 is fixed. Not even PlayStation Network funds work - the PS4 just comes up with a system message saying "Please don't be so silly, not again."

• Like Like x 5
  17. Callum B.

It is decided: the game kick is not a bug. Very disappointed in this release. What went wrong?

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  18. trainsimcz

trainsimcz Well-Known Member

Well i would like to say that the map picture is not created by me, i just link it on my page to show some of my readers how is the new DLC looking in reality.

• Like Like x 1
  19. synthetic.angel

This is the worst gameplay/software/simulation that I have seen since....um... since.. err.... Oh wow.

This is the worst software that I ever seen. Ever.

It's actually more painful to watch this than seeing your hard disk disintegrate when it's just been infected with a virus that trashes your File Allocation Table.... because at least you know that with the virus, that the person writing the virus did it with some degree of competence, or semblance of skill, and probably actually tested it before releasing it.

• Like Like x 4
  20. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

You are right. They never advertised that. But with Oakville they claimed that we can use the Industrial zones which is completely false.

• Like Like x 2
  21. thearkerportian

Not just claimed it, it was supposedly THE most important feature of the route.

• Like Like x 4
  22. synthetic.angel

Yep. And the thing that I find... well... insulting.... is that it is as if DTG thought.... "They are never going to work out that we are talking complete rubbish - these Train Sim World players are just a bunch of mugs that will accept anything that we say, and put up with anything that we publish, and pay whatever price for it that we want....Ha Ha Ha ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha........!"

Of course, they are not doing/saying/thinking any of the above (I hope...), they are just completely incompetent.

23. giogurto_grande

giogurto_grande Active Member

Remember how DTG advertised LIRR as one of the busiest routes? They're anything but strangers to false advertising.

• Like Like x 4
  24. zane88

zane88 Active Member

• Like Like x 4
  25. zane88

zane88 Active Member

Ha, Ha, it's a Ghost Town.

Although, if corona virus hits NY really hard, the stations might actually look like
    that in real life. :o

On a "Lighter" note, I wish they would make that route for TS2020.
    Would love to add my own traffic to see what it would look like. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  26. thearkerportian

When. not if. We had a suspect case in my very neighbourhood yesterday. Still testing. -.-

27. zane88

zane88 Active Member

I
    That's scary. Im next door to NY, well kinda.

What people don't realize is that here in the US we don't surrender our civil liberties so easily.
    There's NO WAY we would be able to implement a "State Controlled" quarantine for multiple US cities
    like China did.

And, people here tend to be a bit selfish in thinking about themselves versus thinking about their own community.

Frightening.:|

28. thearkerportian

Well I've been following that issue VERY closely over the last few weeks. From that bit of epidemiology I've learned, this thing is pretty much unstoppable. In China, under complete lockdown, every infected patient still managed to infect three more people on average. In a functioning city, nobody knows the true contagion speed, but it can be safely assumed to be at least twice what it is in Wuhan. To make it short, it's pretty much irrelevant where you are, this thing is coming to your town.

And the virus itself isn't even the biggest issue. It's its side effects, what it will do to global supply chains when entire countries are put in lockdown or downright quarantine (btw that's what's happening to some 10% of the global population as we speak) that worry me the most. Against diseases, there are things you can do, precautions you can take. Against shortages of food and a thousand other things... not so much.

Right now, it's befalling the Arabian area. So... prepare to pay more at the gas station.

29. synthetic.angel

30. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

Smfh...and lets not forget two LIRR stations(Hunterspoint Av/LI City) still NO Service in timetables, which ppl been wanting a loco DLC( DE30AC) to help serve those station, but DTG neglected LIRR ever since its release..but yet Peninsula Corridor gets their loco DLC, mind you PC was released months after LIRR smfh...other than that, they are FALSE advertising