Poll: What Should Be Fixed First? - Plastic, Planet, Flora'n'fauna, Nukes Or Train Sim World...?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by synthetic.angel, Feb 25, 2020.

?
  1. Plastic pollution: Clean the world's oceans, cities and countryside of that terrible polymer

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  2. Global warming: Return the planet's atmospheric carbon dioxide to sustainable levels

12 vote(s)
    29.3%
  3. Biodiveristy: Make some attempt to prevent the mass extinction of all non-human life on Earth

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. WMD: Ban all nukes, biological and chemical weapons, and destroy all current stocks (safely)

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. Train Sim World: Make a train simulation that works, so that it is fun for all of the family... ;-)

23 vote(s)
    56.1%
  1. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

So - if it was your choice and everyone had to work, as a matter of urgency, to fix one of these things, which burning issue of global importance would you fix first...?

NB: I note that only four of the options might actually be possible. ;-)

2. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Plastic Pollution? Already being tackeled, thankfully.
    The Eddy Minimum will take care of global warming, no worries. :)
    Nukes. Big issue. I've asked Trump and Putin if they please could get rid of theirs. They said no. (Except Putin said нет and Xi just sneezed)
    Now Train Sim World... I've asked DTG if they please could make a better game, a while ago already. They said yes.

3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

They're just collecting data and will get on to it after the weekend...

4. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

"We'll do it after the weekend" should become Dovetail's equivalent to EA's suprise mechanics!

On the other hand... it's not a missing steelworks, it's a surprisingly short work day... doesn't sound too bad either!

5. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

what is the purpose of that thread? I'm sorry but I can't see it :|

6. synthetic.angel

It's just a bit of fun. Laughing mostly at myself - but also anyone else that takes railway simulation games way too seriously.... ;-)

It's all about perspective.

7. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

Isn't plastic still a huge issue though? All of our recycling is being outsourced to China, and they don't want it anymore. We've got mountains upon mountains of plastic - and nobody knows what to do with it. It's not being re-used!

I work in the restaurant industry, and something interesting has happened. We're all going compostable, but the demand is so high in the industry that we're running out of the raw materials to make compostable items. We've had to go back to recyclable because there's nothing available (!). Crazy!

I would choose another option; get those protesters off our train tracks in Canada! :P

8. synthetic.angel

I think plastic is way worse than most people imagine - and in about twenty years, pretty much every living thing will have milions of bits of (small) plastic inside it... everywhere in the world. And if some combinations of micro-particles react and turn out to be exceptionally carcinogenic... then I would not be surprised.

I really love eating tuna... but now I really wonder about it when I look at it.

But, the real world crisis, is that we don't have a properly functioning Train Sim World... and I am going to invite Miss Greta T... to help out with a new campaign to lobby DTG... ;-)

9. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

Oh please, I'll tell you what needs to be fixed.... Mr Kippling needs to bring back Apple & Custard Pies. My life hasn't been the same since they went away. Brings those back, first. Then we'll see about saving the planet. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. jerry

jerry New Member

It would be nice to have a functioning TSW. This way when we're all doing the Corona Self Isolation we'll have something to do.

11. synthetic.angel

Unfortunately I could not add this as an option, in the poll.

However... I was able to slip in a change to the tags for the thread, so that "mr kipling exceedingly good apple and custard pies" now sits between "global warming" and "nuclear devastation" in the tag list.

Anyone that happens to search for the term "mr kipling exceedingly good apple and custard pies" will therefore be able to see your views on the matter, which you put forward very eloquently, I must say, and with sound logic and strong force of argument.

That said, I still disagree though. As much as that sickly sweet combination of squishy apple chunks, thick cold and creamy vanilla custard, crunchy pastry and the tingle of sprinkled sugar is a taste sensation, I still think we need to get Train Sim World in good shape first, so that we can develop the moral fibre for tackling the other issues - including the re-introduction of certain types of pies.

12. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

It's in off topic for a reason. It's point is people giving their opinion.

13. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I've gone for.

WMD: Ban all nukes, biological and chemical weapons, and destroy all current stocks (safely).

Since if we start letting these off all of the other options would probably become irrelevant. Unless you can get TSW running in your bunker after the EM blast of course. It'd then remind you of how we used to have railways. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. JohnnyK98

JohnnyK98 Well-Known Member

B-b-but I just starting investing. :'(

• Like Like x 1
  15. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Not to mention Coronavirus. Now im wondering did it spread to the UK and stuff