Save Scenarios After Reinstall?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pantherz, Feb 24, 2020.

1. pantherz

pantherz Active Member

Is it possible to get back the saves if you need to reinstall the game/computer?

I mean if I need to reinstall the game I lose the the saves of the scenarios which I have not finished or is there something I can do so I can continue the scenario after reinstalling the game?

I hope you understand what I mean?

2. capncol

capncol Member

When I create a scenario and am happy with it, I copy it and put it into a back up file on another separate disk. That way if I have to reinstall (which I have just done) I just copy and paste it back into the route.
    Is that what you mean?

Colin

3. pantherz

pantherz Active Member

I mean when I am driving a scenario and saving it before it is finish and something should happen that I need to reinstall the computer.
    And then I want to continue with that scenario and not have to start it all over again.
    Can I continue from the save or I have to start it all over again?
    Is there a save file in Trainsimulator that I can copy it back after the reinstall of the computer?

4. capncol

capncol Member

I have never done that before (mostly because I never save a scenario) but don't see any reason why you can't save it, as long as you note the file number of the scenario and copy it to a safe location (portable HD?).
    Colin

5. rocky.28965

rocky.28965 Member

Where would you see the file number of a saved scenario?

6. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You just copy the Scenarios folder for the route to an external drive

Each Route has a numbered Folder in railworks\Content\Routes\
    Chatham Main Line is 00000066-0000-0000-0000-000000002016
    In that folder is a Scenario Folder railworks\Content\Routes\00000066-0000-0000-0000-000000002016\Scenarios
    In the Scenarios Folder are all the separate numbered folders - if you have 57 scenarios you will have 57 folders
    Part finished Scenarios are stored in the same folder as the normal one

Peter

7. rocky.28965

rocky.28965 Member

How can you tell which folder relates to which route ?
    For example, which folder would contain the scenarios for Norfolk Southern N-Line ?

8. capncol

capncol Member

On my back up drive (I have it on a separate portable drive) I have a folder named "My scenarios" and in it I have a folder with the name of each route. I simply put the scenarios into their respective folder. I also have a typed list of all the scenarios I have created for each route together with a record of the route reference number (see Peters note above) and the scenario number. That way I can keep track of where everything is.

Colin