Fishing Sim World Future Dlc Pipeline? Some Ideas

Discussion in 'Content and Feature Requests' started by mayer284, Feb 24, 2020.

1. mayer284

mayer284 New Member

Hello all,

Very new to this forum. Sorry up front if I ever repost someone else's idea or am further repeating a suggestion that has been made.

First, i am unsure of the future pipeline for this game or if we happen to be getting closer to the end? Are there any lakes or upcoming DLC that has been announced? I have really liked the improvements that have been made since i initially picked up this game around launch and have recently been reeled back in. Just got out and played Laguna Iquitos. That was a lot of fun and i like the level of detail on the lake. My buddies and I had some fun kayaking through the channels looking for the arapaima.

Some ideas for future lakes/levels:

I think a level in either Montana or possibly Alaska where you can take out either boats or kayaks through streams and rivers (similar to Laguna Iquitos) fishing for different species of trout or salmon could be a lot of fun and reasonable with everything that has already been developed for the game thus far.

I was also thinking about other locations around the globe. Of course a deep sea fishing level in a bay or gulf would be of interest but maybe too far from the current freshwater feel.

I have also thought about the various locations filmed on the shows River Monsters and Chasing Monsters. I think a level in Africa (maybe fishing for Nile Perch for example) would be a lot of fun and add a fun variety to the game.

Finally, and i know this idea may not sound 'fun' to many, but I would love one level where you ice fish. It could be in the midwest or canada. Instead of a fish finder you might have a flasher and can set up tip ups in various spots for large fish such as pike, walleye, or lake trout as well as jig for various species of fish found in the lake.

Just wanted to throw out some ideas. I love the variety of locations. I hope they add a few more (i know they've added many already and for that I am thankful).

Thanks for reading!

2. disposablehero22

disposablehero22 New Member

I agree with your thoughts! There's no end to the diversity of angling species and techniques available. Ice fishing would be really cool. It's something I do less and less these days, but still something that I enjoy very much! You mentioned a flasher, but I think the entire GPS/Sonar system in Fishing Sim World could use a total overhaul. The sonar is on par with the technologies of the late 90s/early2000s. I can't tell bottom composition and fish size is relative to a fish icon rather than an arc which will give far more intel than a simple icon. I still love using a flasher in the real world but HD graphs are the way to go and I hope the game will catch up with that and contour maps as well.

As far as my thoughts on new locations, these are just a few places that I have in mind:

Lake trout at Great Slave Lake in the Northwest Territories, Canada.
    Nile Perch (along with a ton of other species) at Lake Victoria in Uganda/Tanzania.
    Muskies at Eagle Lake in Ontario, Canada or at Lake of the Woods Minnesota, U.S./Ontario, Canada.
    Maybe it's outside the freshwater perspective of the game but how about bonefish in the Bahamas?
    There's even largemouth (black) bass fishing in Japan.
    I would love to see stripers get into the mix as well as flathead and blue catfish.
    There's only longnose gar so far, how about alligator gar in Texas/Louisiana?
    If I need to name a couple lakes I really enjoyed fishing that I'd like to see included it would be Mille Lacs in Minnesota, Lake Amistad in Texas, Devils Lake in North Dakota, and Francis Case Lake or Lake Oahe in South Dakota.
    I could name much more but that's enough for now.