Peninsula Corridor - Yes Or No

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Steam_Buff, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Steam_Buff

Steam_Buff New Member

Hi

Noticed X-Box are doing a sale on some routes and was wondering if it was worth getting Peninsula Corridor?

Does it have quite a lot of scenarios and a big timetable?

I want a route that will have me entertained for hours and not minutes

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It's a great route. The scenery is good but gets a bit washed out in the bright California sunshine.

There are a lot of timetabled passenger services and some take a long time to complete as the route is long and some trains stop at nearly every station. There are only a few freight runs on the timetable. The few scenarios are okay but nothing special as far as I remember.

The trains are fun to drive and once you have the route you can get the recent Baby Bullet DLC which substitutes in for some of the passenger runs and really adds to the playing experience, giving you 4 passenger cabs to drive instead of 2.

Well worth buying in a sale.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Yes the Peninsula Corridor is worth the money and with the Baby Bullet it adds even more. There are plenty of passenger services that take over an hour to complete.

There are few freight services to run as well, but overall it is wroth the money to get this content.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I'd say it's in the top tier of routes if you enjoy passenger runs, especially with the Baby Bullet add-on. The F40, MP36, and the two cab-cars are all fun to drive IMO, and all feel unique and different to drive.

There are basically 3 kinds of services: all-stops (numbered 1XX), limited stop (numbered 2XX), which usually are all-stops for part of the route and then only a few stops the rest of the way- varies by direction of travel and time of day, and "Baby Bullet" (numbered 3XX), which typically only have 3 or 4 intermediate stops the whole length of the route. As mentioned, the all-stops services can take well over an hour end to end.

Freight services are quite limited but perfectly OK, though I don't love the UP-reskin of the GP38-2. Based on the existing trackage I don't see how they could add much more freight in a realistic manner. I would like to see a yard switcher introduced for the San Jose CEMOF facility- maybe a re-skin of the Amtrak SW1000R? I like driving that little guy, but the 5mph limit in Sunnyside yard gets tedious pretty quickly, so I'd like to have somewhere else to run it. Not sure what's prototypical here tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jasonpfc

jasonpfc Well-Known Member

Im not a fan of routes outside the uk, but i got this yesterday on offer, i do like the long journeys and the scenery, but thats about it

6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I quite like it, but I've played it more since adding the Baby Bullet than I did without. The extra variety definitely improves it. I'd say it's worth getting both if the sale has a decent discount.

7. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

I'd say get it only with the Baby Bullet add-on. I think that's the best loco on that route, the other two I didn't like very much. I only use Peninsula Corridor much since I bought the Baby Bullet for it, but that's of course my personal preference. The scenery is so-so, not as beautiful as the German routes but gets the job done.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steam_Buff

Steam_Buff New Member

I decided to buy while on sale....its not too bad - 50/50 at the moment.

Thanks anyway for all comments/advice

9. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

The F40 is a bit tricky and braking takes some practice. Not necessarily everyone's thing. There are also many stops at short intervals. So it's not my favorite route, but I would also like to expand with the Baby Bullet, which seems to be very pleasant. Together with the DLC, it's worth it, otherwise not necessarily.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steam_Buff

Steam_Buff New Member

Will probably buy baby bullet at some time