PlayStation Track Editor? Don’t Hold Your Breath

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Samo1, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Samo1

Samo1 Well-Known Member

Why would DTG release a decent track editor when it would probably affect their sales of bugged and some would say misleading DLC, It would be cutting their own throat especially if we could all share our creations as well (very doubtful)

2. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

I love this game, I really do, but is littered with flaws and faults, some inexcusable... And whilst I can see the editor getting a release, I believe it'll be pc exclusive and very stripped down.

I truly believe what this game needs is competition. Another train simulator to drop onto the scene and offer something, causing both publishers to really think about what they release and when for fear of losing customers.

• Like Like x 5
  3. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

DTG would take a percentage of any routes created by a third party who uses the editor and sells it, surely? This would benefit DTG as more routes will be in production at the same time.

4. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

For starters the Editor that is currently "in development" WILL not be avialable for the PS4 or Xbox. Its just way too powerful. Matt showed the editor back in april 2018 on his PC and even that was struggling. Consider the editor much like the one in TS 2020. Dont hold your breath guys.

Hentis

5. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

While this is probably true (with the PS4), it's also that Epic Games Unreal editor, that it's based around, isn't available for console.

The other problem is distribution of user created content. DTG would want to control it so all versions would have access to it. The PC is easy, the XBox might not be so bad since it's Microsoft but Sony are notably fussy about what's available - that's why many games don't have mods.

I'd just like perhaps a scenario editor for console. That would keep me happy. But again I don't know how I'd share anything.

6. jörgen Näslund

jörgen Näslund Well-Known Member

They have said it several times the Editor is just for PC. So get a Pc you may can try this if it ever comes out