1p51 'hereford' Paddington

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by liamlikesviolin, Feb 23, 2020.

1. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

You drive all the way to Slough, stop, then the train is dead and cannot be restarted

2. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

Do you have a video? Otherwise, do you know exactly what the problem is? Does the engine(s) shunt down? Can you not release the brakes? Is power not able to be taken?

3. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

I didn't take a video I don't generally drive around videoing my game. what happened is I stopped opened, closed doors, train died. the 166 only has a throttle brake and so no the brakes were not on.

4. Olaf the Snowman

Olaf the Snowman Well-Known Member

It’s very hard to say but if you were able to get brakes fully released, this would rule out so many possibilities. So it’s got to be a problem with obtaining power.

1. Were the engines still running or did they all shutdown? As you obviously know, even when stopped, the engines idling is still quite noisy. I’m not sure if this is what you mean when you say ‘train died.’
    2. If the engines were running, when you applied power, could you hear the engines revving and was noise even louder than when idling?
    3. Did you have DRA set?

5. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

I had dra set but it wasn't activated, the engine was running but wouldn't respond to the imput from the throttle. It really doesn't matter it's just one of those things. We have more bugs to contend with than a portsmouth LOVE!

6. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

[removed by Protagonist - watch the language]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2020
  7. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

Cannot remember what I wrote that was so offensive but do please feel free to delete my forum account I will not be back.

8. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

I would finally like to point out you removed my entire text, you should have edited out what you found offensive as I can now be accused of writing anything as you completely removed it.
    It appears you are new to being a mod and as this was an old post, your newly minted badge burning a hole in your pocket went souring through looking for something to use your shiny new ban hammer on.
    Some posts are offensive, that idiot who made a reference to German trains that thankfully no one replied to and kudos to all for that, but I take offence at you for removing the entire post and feel in future you edit and write in exactly what you have edited for compliance to your guide lines, simply deleting a post and replacing it with a blanket (Mind your Language), is just LxOxVxE.