Class 101 Brake Hiss Tees Valley

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by liamlikesviolin, Mar 2, 2020.

1. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

Hello,
    Operating the 3 car class 101 all was well until passing the transporter bridge that was coming down, right after this into Middlesborough the brake hiss had disappeared and didn't come back.
    Anyone know how to get it back, I chanted in the old Russian, I rubbed my belly and patted my head, but to no avail

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I've had this many times on PS4. I think it's something to do with Unreal Engine only having 32 sound channels. I have noticed however that if you start a drive by spawning early at Darlington for example, the brake sound is almost guaranteed to be missing. If I remember correctly, it was also absent on the seaside special scenario. If you select from the timetable and spawn in the cab it's usually ok but can still disappear at random. I've not found a way to fix it but it does make braking more difficult until you get used to it. Maybe if someone sees your post they may have a look at it.

3. liamlikesviolin

liamlikesviolin Member

That might explain it as there is an alarm when the bridge moves but surely there must be a priority of what sound to get the chop, ex I would have rather heard the brakes than the seaguls having a shag

• Like Like x 1