Route Expansions/improvements And Route Ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Piexrre, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Piexrre

Piexrre New Member

Ive been a consistent user of Train Sim World (PS4) and absolutely love the game but one thing that lets it down is I find myself playing the same routes over again with not much variation between them. So I had come up with a few ideas to expand the interest of this very well made game.

Expansion of the East Coastway, this is probably my most played route of them all but I would love to see a major expansion to London Victoria and/or London Bridge. I have quickly realised these are some of the most demanded routes across the forums and i would love to see them too. This is a huge route and would be very happy paying for an additional expansion with this included.

The addition of A.I trains, when playing any route in the game couldn't help but notice that the only A.I trains you see are the same as yours it would be nice to see some A.I trains being different e.g the new Elizabeth line to Reading, these don't necessarily have to be playable but would be nice to see on the line too to add some realistic variation.

Adding the class 377 to the GWR route, I see more of the class 377 on the GWR route then i see class 166 these days and since the class 377 has already been modelled it shouldn't be too hard an update to add the 377 to the GWR route.

The addition Of France, it surprises me a bit that France hasn't really been mentioned a lot in the game since they are a nation very proud of there trains and have speed world record trains (TGV) but and new DLC idea would be to add a France expansion whether its the TGV or just regional TER trains I'm sure many of the player base would much enjoy it. Something like east or south of France with very scenic routes would be wonderful to see or just TGV routes e.g Paris to Strasbourg.

Another thing is the implementation of random events occurring on timetable routes. I, along with I imagine a lot of the TSW community probably have completed a lot of the scenarios for most of the routes and resort to playing a lot of timetable and they are all very similar adding some random events to keep you on your toes would be cool to see e.g; Delays from various different things, Jammed doors, passenger emergencies, signal failures, station closures, tress on tracks, train malfunctions. There are many things that we could all think of but to implement just a few would be a massive improvement to timetable play.

- Announcer for East Coastway
    - HDR support
    - More cinematic flyby cameras

I would like to thank the Dovetail team for making such and enjoyable and well crafted game and their time if they read this feedback.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

All A.I traffic on the lirr route from Hicksville to ronkonkoma goes off into the Huntington direction .

3. wirralsaints

wirralsaints New Member

GWE branches off the Reading-Paddington main line, which include Greenford, Marlow, Henley On Thames, & Windsor, plus the Heathrow Express, maybe Crossrail when it opens.

• Like Like x 2
  4. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

New countries besides France need to be added. I'd want to see routes in Russia, Switzerland, Netherlands, China, Japan, and Scandinavia. More US Routes are needed. Norfolk Southern, more UP, SP, and others would be awesome. Obviously, I want ATSF or BNSF.