Hi From East Yorkshire

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by dave55007, Mar 1, 2020.

1. dave55007

dave55007 Well-Known Member

Hello, my name is Dave. I have been with Train simulation for about 10 years, mostly with Trainz (currently happy with TR2009), bought TSW2020 in November and TS2020 just a few weeks ago. I have to say that all three are very different to each other and all have good and bad points, but it seems futile to me to compare them detrimentally, as I have seen on a few other threads. Enjoy them for what they are, and support them. Or don't.
    My main interest is British railways, esp. the BR Blue era. Trainz is well catered for in that respect; TS too by the looks of it, although I have a way to go to acquire most of the offerings. I'm currently enjoying Teeside and Weardale with both BR Green and BR Blue diesels. In TSW, the Teeside route through Middlesbrough is excellent too, although my favourite on there is the TransPennine route. Oh them 40's!
    I believe the best thing we can do for our hobby (and don't forget nobody's life is at risk here) is to encourage it and those who join us. I've never met anyone who's enthusiastically gone away to improve something after being slagged off about it. Positive encouragement is what works. That being said, bring on the BR Blue!!!

P.S. My avatar is D5999 'Fury' in BR Green with small yellow panels. You won't find it in the Loco books, but it happily runs on my Trainz maps, complete with a 1600BHP D18-25 Deltic engine. It goes like stink - they named it 'Fury' for a good reason!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Hello and Welcome to Train Simulator 2020 :)

There are a number of Freeware items available but most of these also require Payware to make them work.
    You may have noticed like Trainz you can run what you like over any route.
    I downloaded off the workshop a version of the Teeside and Weardale route with Third Rail so I can run the Class 73s on Electric around the area along with a lot of other trains you would not normally see.
    Have a look at Vulcan Productions - https://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk/diesel.html
    They have a repaint pack for the Weardale Class 25s along with a fix for the horn along with a lot more stuff

Peter -
    from the other side of the Pennines :)

3. JJTimothy

JJTimothy Well-Known Member

Actually The Weardale Railway (the Bishop to Stanhope stretch of the W&T) ran a Class 73 for a while. Only because they're electro-Diesels of course. They're quite big impressive main line locomotives which don't actually cost that much to run on Diesel because the engines are pretty modest (about 600hp?) making them useful for preservation lines.

4. dave55007

dave55007 Well-Known Member

Thanks Peter, I'll have a look at that.