PlayStation Tvl Bridge Animation Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by stujoy, Mar 3, 2020.

1. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Does the animation of the Tees Newport Bridge in TVL work on the PS4?

In the dev stream (on PC obviously) the bridge was shown to be raised, and the animation was mentioned in a thread on the Xbox forum recently.

I’ve driven numerous trains past it and always look out for the bridge (because it’s a great structure and I used to live near it) but I have only ever seen it fully down. I’ve even stood and stared at it for ages when on walkabout hoping to see it move and it never has.

So, has anyone seen it move or appear in a position other than fully down on the PS4 or is this another thing we get to miss out on by design or error?

2. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

I play on Ps4 and have seen it move on many of occasions maybe it's just bad timing possible

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

yep it does go up and down. ive seen it mostly moving when driving a service using the 101 DMU, going past it

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I’ll keep driving past it and keep my eyes peeled.

5. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Think you can get it driving the last resort scenario if you have the 31.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I went past this evening on the 0941 from Darlington and the bridge was up and the siren was sounding, as it usually is. Never seems to happen on the way back though. (PS4)

• Like Like x 1
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

I did this service and after leaving Thornaby I put the 3 camera high in the air to see if I could spot the bridge.

There, briefly, in the distance the bridge was about half way up. Yay. By the time I got to where I could see it again it was nearly fully down and would have been down for quite a few seconds before I got to where I would have been able to see it from the cab. I was only going a couple of mph below the line speed, but was otherwise on time.

So, I’m glad it’s working but not surprised I’d never noticed it up before. Timing is everything.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

I think I got bored waiting at Thornaby and left a bit early. Naughty but realistic for the 1980s. At least you know it works.

• Like Like x 1