PlayStation Have A Laugh Its A Joke Unbelievable

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dave Mel, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i have just done 2 journeys on Canada dlc
    Y912 with the GP9 and Y917 with the GP 38

Y912 is called Victoria avenue loading. after collecting the empty tankers and taking them to this place and stopping in the right place, i then get the instruction to wait 10 mins which i do. then next instruction i get is take them back to macnuties yard
    Y917 is called Hobson street loading the same thing happens here, take them to this place to load the tankers, then i get WAit 20 mins and then take them back.

the thing is the petol loading things dont swing out as though someone is doing the loading. i also though that we were to do all the loading of the petrol tankers, well its what i assumed they said in the pre streams and dlc gaffe /teasers

• Like Like x 5
  2. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

I believe, while it says "wait 20 mins" your supposed to use that time to load the tanks yourself, one by one. I did it about 4 times, but got infuriated when I kept accidentally quiting services as the option would appear just as I pressed "X" to operate the hoses or open and close lids etc...

What they should have done is as set the filling of the tanks as individual objectives, like in the scenario's and remove the "quit scenario" box whilst these objectives are being fulfilled.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

There was a patch regarding the ethanol loader animations:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-sim-world-pc-updates.15077/

Is it still not fixed? (Or maybe the patch only works with the initial Tutorials/Scenarios.....?)

4. Matzo

Matzo Active Member

They've fixed the animation, but not set the loading as objectives in service mode, it just tells you to wait for a specific amount of time, so if you choose to do it you constantly get asked if you want to quit the service, as your outside the cab which you'll more than likely end up doing by accident as you have to press X alot and the box pops up with no warning...

• Like Like x 3
  5. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

OMG that "abandon service" pop-up is seriously one of the most annoying aspects of TSW. Why is the "abandon service" confirmation button the same as the ONLY button you'd ever be using outside the train??? Why can't "abandon service" just be a pause menu option???

Back to the topic, though, agree they really should have the loading as objectives in service mode. Hope they will patch it.

• Like Like x 6
  6. bytownrailwayman

bytownrailwayman Member

I'm wondering if the process is too complex for AI trains to handle; I believe all services also get followed by AI which can't leave the cab or interact with lineside items.

Side note, now I'm wondering what would happen if an AI train tried to drive off with the hoses still connected...

• Like Like x 1
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

The game is designed to have you get out of the train to do a specific task.
    The game doesn't tell you to get out of the train to do that task.
    The game doesn't recognise when you have got out of the train to do that task.
    The game then asks you again and again if you want to abandon the game by pressing the button you already need to press repeatedly to do the task you are doing.

It really is like a child programmed it.

• Like Like x 6
  8. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

It's the Dovetail Touch.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

This honestly makes a lot of sense.

10. NZR

NZR New Member

11. NZR

NZR New Member

I loaded up a whole bunch of tankers the other day and the hoses stayed connected to the hatch. Maybe it has been fixed.

• Helpful Helpful x 1