PlayStation Tsw

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by richard cooper, Mar 5, 2020.

1. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

I unwisely followed Google advice to speed up ps4 performance by rebuilding database and have now lost all digital downloads. All saves are still there, so is there anything I can do, or is it a matter of re downloading tsw altogether plus dlc. Thanks for any advice, I am in my late sixties so not very tech savvy.

2. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

You might want to first check that the icon that launches TSW isn't just dumped to the far right-hand side of the XMB menu, or that it hasn't found itself hiding in a folder (if you have not already done this). If you cannot find TSW (and you are sure that the files have gone), then if you have the option to download it again, then I would suggest that you just download it all again (assuming you have unlimited internet).

But your posting here is very useful to every other reader.
    Unfortunately, it is part of the standard advice given by the DTG Support Team to PS4 players, for a lot of unrelated support requests, to rebuild the PS4 database. They appear to give out this advice because they do not realise that the PS4 is not a PC, and they want to give PS4 players something to do while they mark the Support Ticket as "RESOLVED".

The utter havoc that can be wreaked by asking people to rebuild the PS4 database is apparently not of concern to the Support Team, although it has the added benefit (for them) that you probably would never ask them for any help ever again, which means that they can spend more time playing The Candy Crush Saga.

4. richard cooper

richard cooper Active Member

Thanks Daniel and synthetic angel, followed link to library and there it all was. Breathes a sigh of relief. Just shows how useful this forum is, within half an hour of thinking I had made a very expensive mistake, sorted just like that. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1