Tsw Coming To Xbox Game Pass

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by djcwey, Mar 4, 2020.

1. djcwey

djcwey Well-Known Member

2. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Pretty sure it's gonna be just a standard bundle for the game pass (Base + LIRR, MSB, & NTP). Nothing more for sure.

3. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Still a nice way to expose more players to the game. And they might be willing to spend a few bucks on DLC since they got the base package for free.

4. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

True, until either your pass is expired/canceled or TSW is removed from the game pass library later on.
    And don't forget soon there will be the 2021 Edition (same base but different routes attached) later this year.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I mean sure, but people with Game Pass know the deal. I bet it will stay on at least until TSW2021 releases, and maybe permanently (at least those routes in the 2020 package). Plus, they always offer a good sale when it's about to come off so you can buy it to keep.

6. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I’m happy they are adding TSW to game pass. I can’t even imagine the amount of people who would enjoy it that either have never heard of it or didn’t want to spend the money. The more fans TSW has the better it is for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  7. dreampage

dreampage Well-Known Member

I think it's a really good news for the game and for the developers as it's a win-win situation.

- Many new players will try out the game, most of who would probably not buy it anyway.
    - Some of the new players will potentially like it and either buy it or buy DLC for it (with 10% discount, don't forget).
    - This means the developers can hope for additional revenue on Xbox, from people who otherwise probably wouldn't bother.
    - Also good news for us because for existing Game Pass members every DLC is 10% cheaper. So veteran players might be more inclined to buy add-ons as well. (Looks to himself.)

Not to mention Microsoft probably pays to Dovetail Games depending on the player count or download numbers. I really hope it turns out well for the developers and makes Xbox a more viable platform for them, ensuring even more support for the future.

8. paulgregs

paulgregs Active Member

This is interesting.... It doesn't effect the way I'll use TSW but it I'm curious to see how the modern casual gamer adheres to this....