Please Help, Train Won't Even Move....

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tmolenbuur, Mar 1, 2020.

1. tmolenbuur

tmolenbuur New Member

Hi Folks,

Was so excited to get this game and... I don't know .. The train won't even move..
    You'll probably laugh , and it is stupidly funny but I do not understand what I'm doing wrong.
    Go through all the steps in beginning, open door, sit in seat etc... then it says pull the handle and you are ready to go. I do this and.... Nothing... no matter what I try I cannot get it to go. Brakes are of, throttle forward , ... I don't get it....
    Please help?
    Thank you very much

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Not all first off you need to be specific as to which route and loco you are talking about, from there we can assist you in getting moving.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

You definitely need to be more specific about the train you're on. In some locos you'll start off with the Independent Brakes on, even though your default control is of the Train Brakes so you need to make sure they're all off. On PS4, the square button switches between brake types, not sure what it would be on Xbox (try the ones on the right hand side of the controller). On many trains you won't be able to apply and throttle if any of the brakes are on. Let us know which you're using, there may be additional steps required.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Michael Newbury

Also to add to what Factor41 has said here some locos also have a master key that needs to be turned on, also something that I did not include in my first post. Is to go through the training for each of the loco's this will also help you maybe you're just simply missing something.

We are always here to help so please ask for help if you are lost and happy journey's on the rails.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. levitikusz

levitikusz New Member

I’m having the same issue to be honest. I feel just as stupid as you, my friend lol

To be slightly more specific, in my current play through, I’m literally in the first stage of the game. It’s the level where you choose between the 3 different trains. Sometimes the train will start moving, then starts slowing down. Most of the time I’m sat there recounting my steps thinking I’ve missed something and I just end up having to restart entirely out of frustration.

6. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Not quite specific enough, I'm afraid! Which route are you playing? Is this GWE where you can choose between the three 166 services of different lengths?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Michael Newbury

Not enough information in order to assist you we need the route and the loco or loco's you are having issues with. Then we would be able to help. I would strongly suggest going back and doing the training on the loco's that would get a step closer to moving in the right direction. If you're still having issue then please feel free to ask and we help out.

8. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Not quite specific enough indeed.
    And this is why Tutorials and Manuals are recommended to new guys that don't know what there doing half of the time when starting it up.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Search for the task you are undertaking, on youtube. Do as they do until, you get the hang of things. Then you’ll notice whilst there are minor differences, most of the trains share the same principles.

10. mark.s.harrigan

mark.s.harrigan New Member

I had something similar to this. Went through all the stages of getting moving but it wouldn't budge at all. Found that if I got off the train and back on it would start working fine.