PlayStation Diesel Hydraulics On Wsr And Gwe

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by elarthur, Mar 6, 2020.

1. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

I am aware of similar threads, but think it high time for DTG to add DLC Class 14 Teddybears, Class 35 Hymeks and Class 42 Warships to WSR as service locos (as they reside on the line currently) and on GWE (along with Class 52 Westerns) as railtour specials. This would greatly enhance the enjoyment of both routes, which some seem to tire of rather rapidly at present. GWE at this time, currently has very little variety and could do with more DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I don't think they have a resident "Warship" but they do have two class 35s and a class 14. Plus the 52 "Western". I'd like to see a Warship though since they do visit on diesel weekends. As mentioned on another thread it'd also be nice to recreate the missing hydraulic in a virtual form, the class 22.

I often view the WSR webcams and the 35s are seen quite frequently during the summer months. The 14 on occasions to. But I've yet to see the 52 in action since it's been undergoing maintenance for quite sometime - seems years!. It was pulled out of the depot late last year so here's hoping it might get some use this year.

As of now. The 14 is inside the nearest depot in front of the 35 and 33. The 52 is at the back under the blue tarpaulin.
    http://www.wsr.org.uk/r-cam-wn2.htm

The class 33s are the regular workhorses on the line. The 47 " North Star"? Never seen that yet!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  3. elarthur

According to Wikipedia, Onslaught (Warship D832??) is there. Haven't been there for years so wouldn't know for certain.

4. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

A mixed rake of around 10 mk2s and Mk1s (set to air brake) would make an authentic looking railtour train on the likes of GWE and other modern routes. Could really do with the disappearing train /draw distance issue fixing too. The consoles have shown that they can handle more than what they were originally given, haven't they?

• Like Like x 1
  5. elarthur

Sounds good.

6. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Ah Wikipedia. :)

HERE'S a list of their current roster of locos. And just look at all those that have visited!