PlayStation Gwe Introduction Modules

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by elarthur, Mar 7, 2020.

1. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Is there any way of gaining anything higher than Bronze medal on introduction modules for GWE classes 43, 66 and 166?
    Same issue applies to WSR class 09 locomotive run around service at Bishops Lydeard?
    So frustrating as i think i have done everything right, accurately and in good time but still no joy regardless of how many times i try.

2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Same for us all I think

• Like Like x 2
  3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

The problem here is that they didn't test the medal system. They implemented it, thought it looked shiny, and never looked at it again. The worst thing about the entire feature, which is based on collecting points...., is that it is utterly pointless. This is because they have mostly set the threshold for the medals:

- at a point which is almost impossible to not achieve; or,
    - at a point which is impossible to achieve.

They are either way too easy, or just impossible. The freight ones are completely ridiculous, because you just need to go slowly and make one reasonably accurate stop to get maximum points from normal play*..

Also - even if the medals were finely tuned (so that they meant something) - they get broken by other bugs - such as the impossible to reach stop objective bug. which you are scored on.... (based on how close you can get to it....!). Such as this example on the latest loco DLC:

Baby Bullet 200m error to objective.jpg

... and this plagues everything** back to the GWE scenario "Drag Line", where you can't complete the final action - parking the HST at the position marked (which presumably nobody ever checked to see if it would actually work).

NB1*: you can game the AP it if you really want, if there is a long stretch of track to move back and forth along, because the track has a number of "invisible rings" which you pass through to clock-up AP - so, if you do some scenarios incredibly badly... then you get a higher score.... ;-O

NB2**: Hopefully the new Gameplay Designer will look at this sort of thing and chip in with a "Don't be silly - if we are going to implement this sort of feature, then we should get it right.... Let me speak to the new QA manager about regression testing the code for the older DLC....":

https://dovetailgames.com/vacancies/assistant-technical-designer

• Like Like x 2
  4. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

Would be nice if you could get rewarded for acquiring AP with extra content and features. That would eliminate the needlessness of it. In various ways, the game is a work in progress.

5. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Mastery goals should all be based on achieving x amount of AP, rather than the current achieving x levels. And it should actually work, obviously, but that's beside the point.

• Like Like x 1