Fishing Sim World Lost All In Game Progress!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by bjarrod65, Feb 25, 2020.

1. bjarrod65

bjarrod65 New Member

Last night while playing I had a couple of issues which ultimately resulted in me losing all game progress from being level 55 and now it has started me back as a beginner right at the start with zero TP.

Basically what happened was every time I wanted to continue my career it would give me an error and take me to a blue PS4 screen saying I should either update the game or my console. Both were already updated and I would still get the message only when I wanted to continue my career. I could play online and offline tournaments without any issues though.
    Anyway I thought I would try logging out and back in and this time after I logged in there was a message while loading the screen that said cannot retrieve data because it was corrupted or something to that effect and now I have lost all in game progress and back at square one.

Oddly the online tournaments still have the data about how many times I have fished them and I am still on the DFL leader board but it's basically pointless now with my profile back at the start.

Please tell me you can fix this somehow?

2. GeeDub438

GeeDub438 Member

This happened to me on Jan 1st this year. DTG did nothing because they say they are unable to do anything. They do NOT have Cloud storage so they are unable to put you back to before you lost ALL progress, which beggars the question..... Why bloody not?

They offered me some TP as compensation, but I told them I didn’t complain just to get TP. Today is the 8th March..... some 66 days after I had my profile reset and I am 40 levels under what I was when the reset happened. I also lost all my lures, rods, reels lines, hooks, baits, boats, skins, and clothing, not to mention ALL the boss fish I lost too. I have got them all back now, but it’s taken 9.5 weeks to do so, and I play everyday for at least 2 hours or more.

If you are hoping they will help you, my advice is not to hold your breath!

3. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

I have this but on PC, all the achievements are unlocked within STEAM but fail to show up in game - I am disappointed there's no resolution to this.