Fishing Sim World Mastery Challenges Still Not Updating

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by SimulatorDaz, Mar 9, 2020.

1. SimulatorDaz

SimulatorDaz Well-Known Member

Over the weekend I spent a bit of time playing FSW Pro Tour (PC version) and trying to catch fish that count towards the Mastery Challenges. The first when was on Lake Boulder. After visiting the Mastery page I've noticed the system isn't keeping track of the fish I've caught. I thought being the weekend the system might have more traffic than normal. Today I've checked again only to find the same thing. The Mastery page is telling me I need to catch 3/3 Crappies. Its showing I've only caught 2/3. I know for sure I've fished up a lot more than just two.

The "stats" page also seems bugged or very delayed. At the moment its showing my total fish caught is 206. Its a lot higher. After a quick search I tried the logging out of the DTL account, exiting the game, and restarting. This didn't help.

Is the Mastery Challenges currently bugged? Are there any plans to address the issues with it? Or am I totally wrong and it takes a long time to update?

Thank you

2. tonygee07

tonygee07 Member

Taking 24 hours for the mastery to update for me at the moment, personally speaking it usually takes about a minute to update. This is the first time I have experienced such a delay.

3. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

I haven't had a catch count towards Mastery since the festive update. I check everyday. None get counted. 3 months now. But hey, they're working on it. Mastery is a joke. People, like me, have lost all progress on our accounts and had to start over. Time they start listening to people paying for their content. I am starting to feel ripped off.

4. tonygee07

tonygee07 Member

The mastery updates has actually been fine for me until yesterday. One minute MAX is all I have to wait. The pike bite ratio in certain lakes is a joke, I actually quite like the game, all I want to do with this game now is to complete the mastery challenges and move on.

But I can't because pike are not biting in 3 or 4 lakes, no way am I trying to catch all trophy/boss fish in all lakes, that's never going to happen.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  5. SimulatorDaz

Thank you all for the replies.

Hopefully the Mastery Challenges will be up and running again soon. It was one of the reasons I bought FSW Pro Tour in the first place. I like the system and enjoy it in Train Sim World too.

I will post an update in this thread if any progress is made with my Mastery Challenges.

6. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

Don't get me wrong. There was a time I could keep track within the minute as well. I would check on my mobile device while fishing. Now it hasn't credited me with any catches since I completed the festive. I enjoyed mastery a lot when I was able to accomplish stuff.

7. SimulatorDaz

A quick update. Tier 1 of Lake Boulder has updated! The "stats" page appears to be keeping up with the amount of caught fish.

8. tonygee07

tonygee07 Member

They're updating but unfortunately not in real time, some fish have been added to Waldsee/mastery that I did yesterday. I caught a carp five minutes ago that hasn't added yet.

Nothing ever goes to plan with this game.

9. tonygee07

tonygee07 Member

Back to normal for me, updated a catch in 30 seconds.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SimulatorDaz

It appears to be the same here! The Mastery Challenges are being updated. Lets hope it stays this way! :D

Thank you to DTG_Stephen (if you've read this thread) and anyone else who got it working again! Also thanks to all those that replied here!

Happy fishing!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  11. r.hazeltine38

r.hazeltine38 New Member

Getting sick of mastery challenge it has not worked for over 3 weeks for me on ps4 i have signed out of dovetail live and back in loads of times but it has maid no difference a chap down the road and his is working fine on ps4

• Like Like x 2
  12. hurst342

hurst342 New Member

Playing mastery challenge some time it works and some times it doesn't why do dovetail make a great games and shoot themselves in the foot by putting errors in game. Getting fed up now. Come on dovetail pull your finger out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. r.hazeltine38

r.hazeltine38 New Member

they need to fix the bugs before bringing new lakes out

14. hurst342

hurst342 New Member

How many more tickets do I have to send dovetail. Its getting really silly now. I keep on trying mastery challenge every now and again. Why make such a great game and ruin it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

I replied to a ticket I sent two months ago. They replied and said they think they know what the issue is and then asked if I had an external USB storage device, which I don't, but haven't heard anything since that. I am hoping they fix it. I really enjoyed it. My stats haven't updated in the same amount of time. It has to be related. I'm also on PS4. Is it as bad for Xbox players?