Alternative Way To Open Doors On Both Locomotive And Passanger Wagon (first Person)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

This excludes passenger wagons with automation systems that opens the door on the carriage with the press of a button.

Hi, the idea behind this feature is quite simple. At the moment in first person mode you walk up to a door and click on it which them opens. The new way would mean you'd click and hold the door and open it yourself and progress it yourself until it's fully opened. To give an example take class 09's isolation box door. You have to click and hold and drag it (the slider) to open all the way or partial. Of course you'd still see the door mechanisms work like before.

This feature would mean tampering with the game to achieve this feature may introduce partial glitches or bugs for the first few times but It will be patched up.

2. Mr T

Mr T Well-Known Member

Ok. So why is it you want this feature? Is it so you can leave the doors partly open? For me I think it would be novel at first but by the 10th door it would become annoying. If you could turn the feature off in settings I guess it would be Ok.

3. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Nobody has time for that. Besides, there would also need to be several different door closing sounds programmed for how hard you shut the door. It may not be ultra realistic the way it is now, especially with some door slam sounds playing well before the door is actually closed (most notably evident on the BG’s on NTP) but adding more complexity to the action and the necessary programming would make the opening and closing of doors a frustrating experience for most and vastly increase the likelihood of bugs, which nobody wants.

• Like Like x 1