We Should Add The Siemens Charger Sc-44

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by coolkidgamer500, Mar 1, 2020.

1. coolkidgamer500

coolkidgamer500 Member

She should definitely have the brand new Siemens Charger SC-44 locomotives in Amtrak livery’s for example it could have like a new route that contains the talgo set or the Amtrak Midwest locos. and even an update for the Pacific Surfliner! It is a good idea and we could have newer like train consists

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Why not name the thread after what you are talking about?
    Or should everyone name their threads "New Loco" or "New Route"

• Like Like x 1
  3. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

I've raised this a few times and they normally just create yet another new thread with the the loco in the subject, then "As above" in the post. Someone should just go through and bulk delete most of these threads!

• Like Like x 1
  4. coolkidgamer500

coolkidgamer500 Member

Sorry I disappointed you. I will do better

5. jack.kuiper.18

jack.kuiper.18 Active Member

Putting aside the name of the thread, I agree with this 100%. The SC-44 in Midwest (IDTX), California and Surfliner (CDTX), and even Cascades (WDTX).

IDTX
    [​IMG]

California (CDTX)
    [​IMG]

Surfliner (CDTX)
    [​IMG]

Cascades (WDTX)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Only at least 2 SC44's would actually work with what we have right now. The Amtrak Surfliner would obviously work with the Surfliner route, and the Amtrak Midwestern would work with the The Racetrack route. While the Cascades can run on the western end of Stevens Pass, there isnt enough of the Cascades route on it to make a DLC for it, same with the Amtrak California Version (Which only San Jose is its only stop that we have on a route in game) If we can get a new route that can feature these locomotives, that would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. jack.kuiper.18

I have been making a major push for the Capitol Corridor route to DTG, so if the SC-44 doesn't make it into the route's rolling stock package, if it were to ever be released, the California SC-44 would be excellent.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/capitol-corridor.19501/

8. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Yeah we really do need this. Pacific Surfliner is a really good route that still holds up to this day, so it isn't like it won't have a route to run on. I just hope it won't be half-baked since I'd love to have something that's more up to date and of higher quality than the Genesis.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jack.kuiper.18

It may even be good to update PacSurf because much of the right-of-way has been double tracked or equipped with concrete ties. Also, just a small thing I've noticed is that signals along this route are SafeTran verticals, when in real-life many of them are G-Style triangles.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Buynot

Buynot Well-Known Member

I agree. The Surfliner route has changed quite a bit since release. Just to name a couple of changes in the San Diego County area, a third platform was added at the Oceanside station, several bridges have been replaced/double tracked, and a new trolley line is being constructed next to the Surfliner route on the portion where it parallels the I-5 out of Old Town.

• Like Like x 1
  11. coolkidgamer500

coolkidgamer500 Member

Also there are more trees and some buildings are there now at San Juan casprino or however you say it

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  12. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You can edit the thread title if you wished to change it - people would know what you were proposing

13. NJT Railfan

NJT Railfan Well-Known Member

I can see the Surfline and Midwest happening. We don’t have routes for the others.

• Like Like x 1
  14. jack.kuiper.18

However, if they did release these without there route, wouldn't that mean that DTG is obligated to build it?

15. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

I'd love a Midwest route, just not a 30 mile one.

16. Latios Gaming

Latios Gaming New Member

I like the idea of the Surfliner route, but to me it doesn't make sense. The community could easily take care of updates for the existing route. What we really need is the northern section. So here's what I suggest. I think DTG should make the northern section of the Pacific Surfliner from Los Angeles to San Luis Obispo. Release it similar to how they've done the two Soldier Summit sections. If the route ends up being too long, then end it at Goleta, and release an extension later.
    Release it with some basic UP freight stuff, Surfliner coaches, and Amtrak F59PHI. If licensing can be obtained for Metrolink, also release with Metrolink MP36PH-3C, Metrolink F125 Spirit, Metrolink Bombardier coaches, and Metrolink Hyundai Rotem cars, both cab and coach.
    I realize they couldn't get licensing for the Metrolink F59PH, but if they were able to get CalTrain, perhaps SCRRA (Metrolink's governing body) will reconsider.
    Absolutely tons of scenario potential.
    Then release the SC44 Charger as a separate DLC with both Horizon coaches and Amfleet coaches. Include scenarios for LA-San Diego Surfliner, LA-San Luis Obispo Surfliner, and The Racetrack. Feature both the Midwest livery and the Surfliner livery with the special spoiler.
    I know I'm not the only one that wants the northern section of the Surfliner to be made, and I feel like this way is the best way to please as many people as possible. What do you guys think?

17. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Biggest Issues with the norther section of the surfliner is route length, as it would stretch over 200 miles, longer than any other available route, Only way I see it happening is if was split into 2 sections, maybe bundle the northern most sections with the Coast Starlight (And stretch the route to Paso Robles or father) and the LA area with Union Pacific/Metrolink equipment.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 3