PC Am I The Only One Who Feels Freight Cars Overpower The Locomotive (sound Wise)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Gabe_1.0, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Ok, so there could be variables here such as the type of locomotive and wagons etc but I feel the freight cars overpower the locomotives. This feels very wrong because for example the class 31 on Tees Valley Line sounds fantastic except the wagons overpower it and I can never hear really the might of the rumbling engine properly. This is the first engine I spend most of the time in the cab because that's where you can get a feel of it as the engine is much clearer and louder (if you roll the windows down) but outside its a war zone and the locomotives aren't winning.

• Like Like x 2
  2. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

This has been a problem since GWE days with the wagon sounds overpowering loco sounds.

DTG recycle all wagon sounds regardless of how it is supposed to sound and have done nothing at all to fix this issue.

3. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

The class 31 and cement wagons are particularly affected by this. I sent a ticket and was told it's caused by the limited sound channels on UE. " A future update to UE may address the issue." That's what they said.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Very like the cement train. A sudden increase in wagon volume, drowning out everything else and a sudden volume drop a short distance away, no fading out. I wonder why the class 37 and steel wagons and the coal wagons don't seem to suffer from this.

6. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

I can't recall how loud they are in TSW on some routes, but I feel like they've been done right in CSX:HH. In the real world, if you're not within 20-30 feet of the locomotive at anything below full throttle, you'd be hard-pressed to hear it at speed. I do wish the horn volume would be increased, though, as that dwarfs everything.