Tees Valley Class 31 Cabin Sound Bug

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Gabe_1.0, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I noticed that if you open the door on this locomotive, you can hear the loud engine noise from outside. However if you close it as you know it isolates the noise. Now the problem is when you open the window you do not get the same loud engine noise form the outside coming into the cabin. Half of the time you are forced to leave the cabin door open to experience it.

2. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Each door also has a window which can be opened.

3. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I had not noticed this, but that is because I always leave all cab doors open, even in the rain and snow, so there is more to see when you look around. Although I do this at night as well.... ;-O

You could report this. It might be worth it, because the guys that did the soundscape on the Class 31 will probably want to fix it As Soon As Possible, because they take a great deal of pride in their work.....unlike the jokers that made the sound-bugged DB BR 155, who couldn't even be bothered to test the loco on RSN on PS4, and have left it completely broken for years, but.... they would run through coals on fire if the money stopped coming in from sales of the broken DB BR 155 from PlayStation Store, if any sort of bug developed with the "take cash" function.

4. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

Nope its exactly as I intended it, the number of windows/doors open affects the amount of occlusion. So opening 1 window increases the external sound a bit, opening 2 windows increases further, opening a door is about the equivalent of 2 windows if I recall and so on.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

I didn't realize this- good info!
    So combining this with Tonto62's post, does this mean if i open both windows on each side, that would be about the equivalent of opening a door on each side, i.e. that i'd hear something closer to the outside engine sounds? Not able to try it myself atm.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

Yes, I always open all the windows and it's about as noisy as opening the doors.;)

• Like Like x 1