Train Sim World 2020 Gamespass Error

Discussion in 'Technical Reports' started by AntJ, Mar 13, 2020.

1. AntJ

AntJ New Member

Hey, i just downloaded this game from the windows store and i cant launch it up, once it gets on the splash screen it freezes and i gget the UE4-TS2Prototype error

In the error log this is the error message

<ErrorMessage>LowLevelFatalError [File:F:\dev\TSW_WGP\Engine\Source\Runtime\PakFile\Private\IPlatformFilePak.cpp] [Line: 3632] &nl;Trailing magic number (0d) in &apos;C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\DovetailGames.88987EB7F39C_1.0.37.0_x64__8zrtwt33k1hxt/TS2Prototype/Content/DLC/TS2Prototype-WindowsNoEditor-LeedsManchester.pak&apos; is different than the expected one. Verify your installation.&nl;</ErrorMessage>\

2. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  3. AntJ

AntJ New Member

*Bigger Massive sigh*

Forums>Hobbies>Train Simulator (TS2020)>Bug Reports
    Thats where i posted right ? well its train simulator world 2020 im playing, so if you put two and two together...... unless this game just has 2 2020 to make more from dlc ? idk i didnt ask for a toxic ass hat just posted and new here. if everyone here is like this then ill just delete the game and move on.

4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

aaa.png
    That type of language isn't necessary...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Tomas9970

Tomas9970 Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it. You are certainly not the first or last last person who got confused by the naming of these two games.
    Basically there are two games. Train simulator is their original, now 10 years old, platform that is PC only and only sold through Steam. Train sim world is their next gen platform and it's also what you've got as part of the game pass. Both of these games are special in their own way so it's not like one replaces the other.
    As for the "2020" thing, they are changing the routes that people get when they buy the game every year so that's why there is "Train simulator 2020" and "Train sim world 2020" bundle.
    Now to your error, it explicitly says that you have to verify your installation. I don't know how to do it in the Windows store.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

Well you should know which game you're playing. The sheer amount of people that think this is TSW is becoming a meme so we're extremely tired of it.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020